Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > Armor, Mech and Weapons Division

Armor, Mech and Weapons Division Showcase of 1:6 Armor, Vehicles and Weapons Projects

Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
caribmar05
Rifleman

Armorpax gun shield HELP needed.

Hello all,

I picked up the metal gun shield from Armorpax for my AH250. Looking at the instructions, it instructs me to GLUE the two shield halves together. I'm not sure but the parts seem to heavy and large to just glue them together. Is there another alternative that can ensure a more durable/stronger bond or is glue good enough? Thanks...
caribmar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
johnro6659
Brigade Commander

If the part is made from white metal you basically have to use CA (Superglue) I hate CA but there are a few things you really need it for in this hobby. I used to use Zap Gap but I found that Hot Stuff Super T by Satellite City is far superior. My habby shop doesn't carry it but the Woodcrafters store does. I was stuck using Zap Gap until I found a source for the other. Zap Gap is OK if that's all you can find but the stuff you get in most hardware and department store is weak compared to the stuff you get in the hobby shops.
The Fighting Sixth of New England
Bella detesta matribus
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Armor Abteilung
Mortarman

John is correct. I had to use superglue and it has been two years with no issue. It has its place in the hobby. Good luck.

Steve
Armor Abteilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
armorpax
Battalion Commander

Re: Armorpax gun shield HELP needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribmar05";p=&quot View Post
Hello all,
I'm not sure but the parts seem to heavy and large to just glue them together. Is there another alternative that can ensure a more durable/stronger bond or is glue good enough? Thanks...
Hi caribmar05,

Once the main parts are together it is pretty well self supporting, superglue is absolutely fine for these and our original one gets thrown in boxes to go to shows and has never come apart, it suffered minor damage on the return from Vegas after the crate was dropped but this amounted to bent shields, the glue held!

If you want a really strong joint you can use low temperature solder or an epoxy such as Araldite but unless you are proficient at the first you could melt the parts and the second is harder to make a clean joint on the smaller parts.

Hope this helps,

Dave

armorpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
caribmar05
Rifleman

Thanks guys! I'll keep it simple and stick to the CA glue...I didn't realize some CA glue was stronger than others. I'll look out for the Hot Stuff Super T...unless anyone else swears by a stronger glue...THANKS!!
caribmar05 is offline   Reply With Quote