Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 05-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
1stlooey
Platoon Leader

The moving sale is over

Moving sucks.

I've boxed up my whole collection, except for some oddments. It makes a pretty impressive pile:

Thanks to you guys who took stuff off my hands.

Now I won't be able to play 'till we get to the other end in July.

Ed

1stlooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Frasmet
Mortarman

I feel your pain. I've got a storage unit (it's a small unit) in Nebraska that is about 1/3 full of 1/6 stuff. I can't do anything with it right now since it's got to be moved to Arkansas in the next couple of weeks. I hate moving, and especially at $4.00 a gallon.
Frasmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
tflockj
Rifleman

Just think of all the neat stuff you'll find after unpacking that you'd forgotten you even had! Let us know when you get to town.

Tom
Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
General Specific
Battalion Commander

Location: 5 Hours from the Center of the Universe. Ottawa, Canada

I feel for you Ed. I moved over a year ago and almost all my stuff is still in boxes waiting for the basement (Bunker) to be finished. I feel your pain. If you have the ability and the means, move your 1/6th stuff yourself. I had only a handfull of 1/6th stuff moved by the movers and of that, some stuff was broken. The movers were careful, but not careful enough. Are there any stickers marked "Extremenly Fragile"? Lol.

Good luck with the move

Oh... and if that box on the top of the pile on the right accidentally gets mailed to me, I won't mind... I promise them a very good home

Good luck bud!
General Specific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
1stlooey
Platoon Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Specific";p=&quot View Post
If you have the ability and the means, move your 1/6th stuff yourself. I had only a handfull of 1/6th stuff moved by the movers and of that, some stuff was broken. The movers were careful, but not careful enough. Are there any stickers marked "Extremenly Fragile"? Lol.
I'm pricing trucks right now. But I'll be hiring laborers to load and unload, which of course is where the problem is. But at least I'll be there to supervise on both ends, and I'll be driving the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Specific";p=&quot View Post
Oh... and if that box on the top of the pile on the right accidentally gets mailed to me, I won't mind... I promise them a very good home
I'm pretty sure that's the WSC...it's staying with me until I learn to customize vehicles.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Sixth Vanguard
Board Flunky, aka Site Admin

Good luck with the move. I, too, know what it is like having moved about 6 years ago. I started packing my collection about 3 months before the move and finished just in time. The bad part of the whole ordeal was that the wife finally realized just how much stuff there was I couldn't even fib and mark boxes as "kitchen stuff" , she would have seen right through that
Sixth Vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
johnro6659
Brigade Commander

I too can sympathize with you Ed, I packed up all my stuff a little over a year ago so they could completely gut and redo my apartment I left a lot of stuff in storage so I could have living space in my apartment and I kind of lost interest. Boxing up and moving my stuff to storage, my friend Tom's basement and my friend Ed's attic really took it's toll on some of my stuff. I think the worse part is I have no clue what is where because I really wasn't given much notice to clear the place out. I hope your a lot more organized than I am. Now that I am getting back into it It's fun unpacking stuff because you forget a lot of what you have and it's like Christmas. But there are things I still can't find. I don't worry too much about broken stuff it's a pain but this stuff fixes fairly easy. My biggest fear would be lost items. If you keep an eye on the laborers and you drive a rented truck yourself odds are you'll be fine. I hope everything in the new place works out.
The Fighting Sixth of New England
Bella detesta matribus
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:50 AM   #8
dthstrk
Sniper

when I had to "evacuate" my troops from the clutches of the evil one It took up a chunk of the FrOG for 2 weeks. it is now safely tucked in a walk in closet
dthstrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #9
1stlooey
Platoon Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthstrk";p=&quot View Post
when I had to "evacuate" my troops from the clutches of the evil one It took up a chunk of the FrOG for 2 weeks. it is now safely tucked in a walk in closet
Please translate "FrOG"

Old 05-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
dthstrk
Sniper

floor room over garage
dthstrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #11
Ssgtbear
Machine Gunner

Also, Finished room over the garage.

Boyd