• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. A

Laser Cutting Opportunity

Hey There! EDIT: Changed a few things. I've recently gained access to a laser cutter at my college's machine shop. I'd like to learn how to use the machine and I'd like to make something that somebody will appreciate in the process. So here's the opportunity: If you have a small part or...
  2. A

Calling All Engineers

Hey Sixth Army Group members! I used to be a pretty active member on this board when I was a youngin' (I guess I still am one) and it had a big influence on my college decision. I've been studying engineering (M.E.) for two years now and I just transferred from a community college to...
  3. A

Daimler Dingo Build

Here it begins. These are the first measurements, mostly present, for my Daimler Dingo project. They are waiting to be converted into 1/6 and need a little bit of editing as there are some minor measurement discrepancies between parts that should be equal in length along with several other...
  4. A

Reference Models

Hello, Because of the recent release of Dingo parts at Panzerwerk I've decided to restart a dingo project I began a long time ago. This time, I plan to do things right, I'll be scrapping the video game skins as a reference and moving to something a little more accurate. I'm trying to decide a...
  5. A

Some Really Interesting Photos (Random Subjects)

I was looking around on the web for some pictures of the ship graveyard in Nouadhibou and I came across this website. I figured some of you guys might find it to be interesting. http://www.artificialowl.net/ There are abandoned cities, construction sites, planes, vehicles, etc. It is really...
  6. A

Well, I think it's safe to say I'm out of the hobby.

It's been about 1 1/2 years now since I've really been active with 1/6th stuff. The quality of the items in this hobby just kept moving up, which was great in my eyes until I realized that for the price of a figure I could get a full size metal and wood AK47 from an airsoft boneyard. I've...
  7. A

Finally! A Laser Cutter.

I haven't really been doing much with 1/6 for a while now. But I have been trying to get access to something to work on a project or two at my school. A laser cutter. I think that I have finally gained access to one and I am now looking for a project to work on. It will be some time until...
  8. A

Morris Reconnaissance Car Plans?

Hello everybody, I have been searching for information on the Morris Reconnaissance Car online and have had no luck finding any. I am trying to find plans/line drawings that will allow me to get all of the measurements from it. If anybody can help me out I would really appreciate it. Thank...
  9. A

Actionfigureman09's Entry #2

Soviet Pilot In Winter Flight Uniform and Flight Gear 1940-1945 Errors noticed too late. I hope you still like the figure. :neutral: Flight Cap: Custom Flight Uniform: Modified, Painted, DML Nagant Holster: Custom Goggles: Custom Gloves: Custom Unts: Custom Boots: Dragon Body &...
  10. A

Actionfigureman09's Entry #1

Soviet Mountain Infantry: Private I enjoyed making this figure. My next one will be coming up soon ( I like it better). Sorry for the poor photography, I need to get a different camera...too many details were washed out. Thank you, Ben
  11. A

Soviet Pilot Information?

Hello everybody, I found the picture below online and I haven't been able to find anything more on the uniform or subject in general. I am trying to figure out: 1. What the uniform is called and exactly what it looks like 2. The time period in which the picture might have been taken 3. The...
  12. A

New: Soldier Story Metal Jerrycans

Soldier Story is really raking out the good stuff; here is the latest thing. Metal Jerrycans! > Jerrycans Link < -Ben
  13. A

Goldfinger

I just received my end of a trade from Simon. He is an all around great guy. He was very easy to deal with in PMs, shipped out very quickly, packed the items very well, and provided me with more than I even asked for. Thanks, Ben
  14. A

Panzercommander HOH

I just finished a trade with Fred. Everything went great. He gave me a great price on the items, shipped quickly, and was great with communication. Thanks again, Ben
  15. A

Q:Paratrooper Berets on Ebay

Hey guys, I have been pointed to Banjomans Berets by several people for my paratroopers. Although they are probably about as high end as berets in this scale get, I-being myself- always look for a cheaper alternative. I found some berets on ebay that are not of quite the same quality, but...
  16. A

WIP: British Paratroopers

This is the start of the figures I have been putting together for some time now. They still need a few things but they are nearing completion. I plan on swapping out the body and headsculpt of the figure furthest on the right. As you can see there are still many things that will need to be...
  17. A

1/6 Shops in Anaheim, CA?

Hey everybody, We're taking a trip to Anaheim to go to Disneyland. The trip will be four days long, and I was hoping that I might be able to go to a shop in the area that sells 1/6 items. Does anybody know of stores in the area? I know of some in LA but my parents don't like driving me even...
  18. A

New DID MG42 w/tripod and and MG34 Accessories Sets

I saw these on a couple of other forums but not here. There are two sets; an MG42 w/tripod and an MG34 w/bipod both also come with ammo belts. The 42 comes with an ammo drum and the 34 comes with a cleaning kit. I wonder what the price will be. Probably around the same as their others...
  19. A

Styrene Glue?

Hey, I used the search and I am almost sure that there was another post on this but I cannot seem to find it. Anyways, a project I have been working on for a while now isn't moving any further because I cannot seem to find the right glue to piece it together. I have been trying to use the...
  20. A

Q: Armor Hobbies 250 Wheel Dimensions

Hello, I hope that I posted this in the correct section, if not, sorry. I am looking to buy some wheels and I was directed by someone to check out the AH 250 ones. I was wondering if somebody who has a 250 could provide me with the diameter, width, and thickness of them. This information...
Back