• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

11th Airborne Question

Tom Sawyer

Marksman
I have asked this question in another area about a figure I am planning on bashing, but which uniform would be most like what the 11th airborne wore during it's part of the Los Banos Raid in the Phillipines. Some have told me a unifrom like Hunt and Peck herringbone ones. But some black and white pictures remind me of Alert Ross'. Any paratrooper experts or just those who know what uniform should I use? Your help is greatly, desired sought and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The mid/late war type HBT with large pockets would be correct for Los Banos, with Paratrooper boots or M43 Buckle boots.

Yippers, I agree with Recce. The later style HBT'S.
Although, I do have some pics, and websites if ican find them, that show many of the guys in the seperate PIR's wearing the '42 jump suits at various operations as well as the HBT coveralls.

James Ford the 2nd ID bazooka man is wearing an M43 uniform coat with the Dragon old style hbt pants (weathered) I'm assuming that you're asking if you can use his dark green HBT pants and shirt. I'd have to say no, don't use them. The color and material are completely wrong for what you want to do. Use the newer style HBTs available such as Hunt and Pecks or even the ones put out by DiD. These are the right color and the fabric looks more like HBT. The old dark green ones put out by Dragon look a lot more like M43 sateen trousers, part of the M43 Combat uniform.
The only difference being that the sateen cotton trousers did not come with cargo pockets. Just stick with the lighter green HBT'S available from DML and DiD, or you can also use the HBT coveralls DML put out. Buckle tops or jump boots, either one will look fine.

Back