• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

1st Anniversary Contest Results

Pangaea95

Site Admin
It brings me great pleasure to bring to a close the Sixth Army group’s first anniversary contest, now I know in contest people kinda get alienated by the results, and I don’t want any of that, I am proud of each and every contestant for taking the time and putting together what I consider to all be winning displays, your efforts are duly noted and truly appreciated. I spent a lot of time and effort on this contest, and you guys made it all worthwhile. Each and every entry that I posted brought much pleasure, the photos, the story lines were of such quality that the whole process was truly enjoyable. There were a few bumps along the way, and a couple of fix’s to make, but it was all worth it, and fun!!! In the end we have a display of talent that truly captures the spirit of this board, and the essence of the community, I’m proud to be a part of this community as well as all the staff here at the SAG. This was our way of saying thanks, you guys ROCK :D

Now a little bit about the judging, the judges were hand picked by myself to represent a wide field of knowledge, In history, modeling, the 1/6tth hobby in general, and what can be done with it. I felt that these guys have some of the best eyes in the hobby and would make for a well, rounded panel of judges. The judge’s scores were submitted to me so as not to influence each other. The scoring worked like this, each judge had six different categories they had to score on:

1. Photography/Presentation
2. Movement/Action sequences
3. Realism of poses
4. Historical Accuracy/Authenticity
5. Originality/Creativity
6. Storyline

The judges then tallied their scores, and divided by six, the end score was the score they submitted to me. I then tallied the judge’s scores to get the final results. I would like thank the judges for taking their time to participate in this, you guys didn’t make It easy for them. In the end we lost one judge due to some business obligations, and time limitations on our end, but feel they all deserve a big hand for their parts they played In this, a big thanks to:

Mike/Toyrific
Vince/Tiger332
Ron/Sgt Schultz
Rick/Diewerkstatt
And Patrick/Heersbergfuhrer

You guys are the best, thank you :D

Another big thanks goes out to all the people who so generously donated the amazing prize packages to help celebrate our first anniversary, their generosity is above and beyond, you guys truly ROCK and deserve a big show of appreciation, a huge thank you from the SAG!!! :D

Mkb42h/Human Wave Figures
“Remy Schijnen”X5
6th Scale Icons/Toyrific
“$100.00 Gift Certificate”X2
“$25.00 Gift certificate”X10
Armorpax
“US tanker helmet set”
“US .50cal MG set”
“US Buckles set”X3
“US Webbing end tab set”X3
“British buckle set”X3
“British end tab set”X3
“.50cal ammo box’s”X9
“.30cal ammo box’s”X9
Panzerwerks
“Resin train rail base”
“Flak shell set(50 count)”X2
Toy Soldier Brigade
“DML DAK Kublewagon”
“DID Nebelwefer”
Die Werkstatt
“Vehicle heater set”X2
“DX06 Exclusive oil cans”X2
“Triangle fule can set”
“Welding set”
The Toy Surgeon
“Choice of US .50cal ammo crate set, or German 100 round 2cm ammo crate, winner picks”
All the Staff of the SAG
“DID George Puller”
“TUS Pak 40”
“BBI Wolfgang Feigel”
“DML Anton and Vaprossov”
“DX06 Exclusive Oscar Boesch”
“DML Jack Sullivan”
A special thanks to the cadre for all chipping in for the 20mm flak set.

OK so enough of my dribbling time to announce the top five winners :D

1st Place goes to entry #15 Speerz….bet you didn’t expect that Evan :D
2nd Place goes to entry #9 The Toy Surgeon
3rd Place goes to entry #6 Lost Records
4th Place goes to entry #11 Johnny Canuck
and 5th place goes to entry #4 Big Red One

Congrats to all you guys for a job well done, and a big show of hands for all that entered, as I said you are all winners and will be getting something for your efforts.

Now my fingers are getting sore from all this typing LOL So tomorrow I will post the identities of those that entered with their entries, and we will be opening a peoples choice poll so everyone can vote for their favorite entry. We will also be opening up the entries themselves for discussion and comments. Once again a big thank you to all that participated In this contest, It was a pleasure doing this.

Now for you figure guys, keep an eye out, we got something coming up that’s right up your alley :!:

All contestants please send me your shipping info when you get a chance :wink:

Just wanted to add an extra thanks to all the SAG staff for their parts In this, and a special thanks to Reizbar, he came up with the contest demo and organized the collection for the 20mm.....I knew I forgot something when I posted this last night :mrgreen:

Holy crap!

Im speachless. I didn't even think I had a chance!!!! WOW! Thank you to all the judges and donators who put this together! Nobody knows how happy I am and how much I appreciate this! Thank you everyone! And I have a post to thank you guys I'll do later. I need to breathe and sit down for a while.

Thanks and congrats to everyone who participated!!! You guys are all winners :D

Congrats to the winners and to all who participated, a heart felt thank you for making this a truely enjoyable contest. The competetion was stiff and the entries that won certainly were above and beyond. I would like to thank SAG admins, the judges and all sponsors for making this one helluva fun time. I even managed to get my wife involved in the photo shoot for the first time ever.

Well done boys! Well done! Can't wait for the next one.

Congrats!!!

Shane

Congratulations to the winners - well done! :!: :!:

EDIT: P.S. and thanks to Randy for all of his hard work in coordinating this! :!: :!:

Thanks to all the staff and SAG people for another GREAT contest!
Im thrilled to have even placed with all the FANTASTIC entries that were submitted :!: Nowhere in this hobby will you ever see more dedicated work than here at SAG. Congratulations to all winners!
Congratulations to Spreez! I don't think nobody works harder and is more deserving. Great Job on achiving a hard fought victory for the Allies :!:

Fall Out
BRO

Looks like these young hobby whippersnappers are kicking our ass boys!
It truely is refreshing to know that our hobby is going to be in such capible hands. I have noticed that there are more and more younger hobbists popping up all the time. They deserve a BIG standing O for all their hard work and dedication to this hobby. My hat is off to you boys :!:

Lost Records, Im not a big fan of B&W Photos because most of the time I feel it hides the small details of the dio's, but your photos seem to have a certain sharp crispness which still allowed for a nice sharp detail photo, while still having the aged period look that many hobbist like. A job well done and congratulation again! Now if I can only lurer you back from the darkside and get you working for the allies :lol: Now go to Bed its past your bedtime ;)

Fall Out!
BRO

WOW ! I am in total shock from the outcome of this contest ! Thanks to Randy for maintaining this contest and to everyone who supplied the prizes, the judging and everyone who participated. Congratulations to Speerz and all who placed.

Nowhere can you find contests as good as the ones at SAG !

Big Red One";p="62401 said:
Looks like these young hobby whippersnappers are kicking our ass boys!
It truely is refreshing to know that our hobby is going to be in such capible hands. I have noticed that there are more and more younger hobbists popping up all the time. They deserve a BIG standing O for all their hard work and dedication to this hobby. My hat is off to you boys :!:

Lost Records, Im not a big fan of B&W Photos because most of the time I feel it hides the small details of the dio's, but your photos seem to have a certain sharp crispness which still allowed for a nice sharp detail photo, while still having the aged period look that many hobbist like. A job well done and congratulation again! Now if I can only lurer you back from the darkside and get you working for the allies :lol: Now go to Bed its past your bedtime ;)

Fall Out!
BRO

Thanks BRO, I felt that the B/W pics would work best here. Maybe you can get me to the allies, I got the Sullivan figure as a price and that'll be my first American and second ally (have an almost complete Russian).

And finally, when I posted it was morning here in Sweden (GMT +1) so it wasn't bedtime but schooltime. But I just hade to check if I placed before I went to school. :lol:

Great job on the top 5..Congrats to everyone, Especially to those who donated prizes and the unsung hereos who sat out and judged this contest. Randy gets a big thank you from me also. He was the one who was stuck trying to figure out just what went where.. Again congrats to everyone involved and I hope to show my support in the next contest..

To all the top 5 placing contestants, shipping info has been received and forwarded to the donors, shipping will commencing over the next week, will keep you posted. To all those that didn't place 6th scale icons has generously donated a $25.00 gift certificate for you, please contact me In regards to this.

Hello winners! And you know who you are. I've just returned from the post office. All five Remies have been mailed.

Hope you enjoy them!

Curtis

contact me

To all those that didn't place 6th scale icons has generously donated a $25.00 gift certificate for you, please contact me In regards to this.[/quote]

Your message says to contact you, do you need our address and info?
Let me know Hammer

Back