• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Another Greatest Generation Member

Squidley

Company Commander
Here's a link to a website about one of my good friends uncle, who was with the 41st ID in the pacific.

Some of his stories are truly amazing, and horrifying. His Odyssey from New York City to the Pacific and back, his twist and turns through the army bureaucracy, and his experiences in combat against the Japanese will definitely surprise you and hold your attention. The pics are his, so you've not seen them before, and the stories are as personal as they get.

The life and times of a GI Joe

Joel will be 99 this coming April. I suspect you guys will enjoy this website as much as I did.

This is truely unbelievable. I mean this in a truely positive way. My dad was in the 163 Regimential Combat team. G Co. Mortar Plt. 41st Inf Div. They may have served with eachother. My Mother is writhing a book about dad its titled TUSKADARO SUNSET named after a pub in Austraila which a lot of the guys hung around at. Is it possible for her to possibly talk with him Please let me know.

PM sent re your contact request.

Just thought that I'd let you guys know that GI Joel, who's website I refer to at the top of this post, passed away in a VA hospital on 1/6/14. His nephew told me that the nurses found him with a smile on his face.

If you've read any of the stuff on the link above, you know what an amazing guy he was. He, and those like him that serve, give us the ability to lead our comfortable and safe lives here. Let us be thankful for their service, and pray that we need not send others to render that service any time soon.

Quite amazing stories of an amazing man. We are fortunate that Paul took the time to capture it for us and share it.

I hope GI Joel rests well :!:

Back