• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Book on US Paras.

caribmar05

Rifleman
Hello all,

May someone reccomend a good photo book on US paratroopers. I'm looking for action/combat shots, shots of uniforms, gear, maps etc. Thanks..

From my own shelves I would have to recommend "D-Day Paratroopers - The Americans" H&C books and "101st Airborne , The Screaming Eagles At Normandy" by Mark Bando.

bks

Thanks for the feedback; are the D-Day publishings worth thier price? Any thoughts on some of the titles offrerd by Schiffer pub.? I have the D-day book by H&C, its an awsome book...

The M De Trez Books are by far the best books on the US AB in WWII. The H&C books are good but not enough documented.

The first one "american warrior" vis on the pre D-Day jump. Many pics of real M42, the differences beetwen the 101st & 82nd AB M42s, Various pics on the Pathfinders eqpnt (Bups & Eureka, halifane lights, T panels, ), pics on the AB liners, M1C & M2 helmets, T-5 chute, many pics of the riggers pouches (very different styles), A-5 container pics, many reconstitutuion pics with real M42 and eqpnts ( a groupo of 3 pathfinders, the Colonel of 502nhd PIR, a master Sgt of the 326th E, a Pvte why a bazooka in a jump config, a Lt of the 505th PIR 82nd AB, 1st LT Gallard of the 505th PIR ) many pics of the 506th reg demolition section and 326th Engineers of the 101st AB, many pics on the PIR of the 101st & 82 AB, and 15 pages on the glider troops.
more rthan 205 pages of very good refs pics for the 1st book only !!!!

The 2nd book is "at the point of no return" is for the fighting in Normandy.

YOU MUST HAVE these 2 books if you want to have books on the US AB.

Here are some pics i took this summer in M Se TREZ museum in Sainte Come du Mont near Carentan, in the Dead Man's Corner museum.

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=11797

Para Bks by De Trez

Tuche,

Thanks for the recommendation b/c I picked up the first two books this week & they are AWSOME. Do you have any thoughts on the following two titles by the same author, thanks.

-Sainte-Mere-Eglise Photographs of D-Day

-First Airborne Task Force
A Pictorial History of the
Allied Paratroopers in the
Invasion of Southern France

Back