• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

camo'd Pak 36...

fusilier1944

Company Commander
I recently got the DML Pak 36 kit from Toychest and Collectibles. Went together pretty easy though I wish I had glued the pins that hold the side folding panels up with the main folding panel after I had them hinged on. They aren't quite where they need to be and don't want to stay in the shielded position. I went with an all gray paint then did the dunkelgelb and camo over that. I intentionally left some gray showing in some areas to simulate a field repaint. It's pretty much straight Out Of the Box. The only modification I really did was to put a brass tube in the barrel and to make the breach hole much smaller with a piece of dowel.

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

Thanks for looking...

WOW...those are great photo's.....you sure know how to use a camera and a great looking PAK 36. :!:

Thank you for the compliment! I think a lot is owed to the camera itself (6.0 MP Canon Powershot SD 600) than to myself.

As for the kit, the wheels (tire and hub) are molded plastic. They come in halves that need to be glued together. The back hub has an insert and a face plate so that it can spin on the axle.

I just purchased one of these DML Pak 36 kits on Friday and should be here monday or tuesday hopefully. Been browseing the forum here for posts on the building of the kit and saw your post and just had to say you did a great job... Harold

Back