• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

'Chopping' A Nude Figure or How to Create a Short **** Figure

After a long break from 'putting together a figure' reorganising my figure/miniatures space and my figure rationalisation has inspired me!

First up as with almost all of my figures the nude needs to be 'chopped'. Doing this gives my figures different heights, a bit more articulation and also gives the uniforms/clothes a bit more hang!

What I do;
Cut a slice out of the upper arms and reglue
Cut a slice out of the abdomen and reglue
Cut a slice out of the upper leg and reglue
File down; the chest the back of the lower leg, the top of the upper leg and carve out the hips (the last three allows the leg to bend further for kneeling)

Here's my latest effort, just needs a little tidying up of the sanding;

Body from the front (note this figure had broken feet so donor legs were added)...
attachment.php

Body from back...
attachment.php

Body compared to an 'unchopped' version...
attachment.php

Comparison of the chopped and unchopped kneeling...
attachment.php

One of my older chopped figures up against a strapping six footer straight from the box...
attachment.php

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20220104_072923.jpg
    20220104_072923.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220104_073652.jpg
    20220104_073652.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220104_163740.jpg
    20220104_163740.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220104_163748.jpg
    20220104_163748.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220104_163944.jpg
    20220104_163944.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 66
I to have chopped up some figures. I made a figure taller, for my LittleJohn from the TV show Combat!. And to shorten figures to fit in vehicles drivers seats. I did basically as you did to the figures. Gotta have some short and tall troopers!

That's some 'out of box' thinking right there and a good solution to that age-old 1:6th figure question of how good would it be if figures came in different sizes?. My only solution was to buy a couple of smaller-sized DiD bodies (Monkey Depot) given a couple of my current sniper dioramas require marksmen of smaller stature (Simo Haya for example).

The sizing comparison pics you've posted very well illustrate the difference...great stuff, Steve

Back