• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Civillian Volunteer, Stalingrad 1942

Well I purchased the book Notes Of A Sniper, Written By Vasilli Zaitsev... which was never translated until 2003 into english...

In the center were a few photos of Vasilli and some other stalingrad stuff. One of Civillian Volunteers, EX workers at the tractor factory, caught my eye in particular.

This man is in his early 40's. When the battle started he left the tractor factory, scrounged up what weaponry and equipment he could, and volunteered to fight. This civilian is armed with a SVT 40. He was lucky enough to find one lying around. he hides it when actual soldiers are about so they wont try to steal it from him. The rest of his armament includes a Walther ppk, a German smoke grenade, and a molotov cocktail.

This Bash i comprised of mostly extra parts i had lying around that i couldnt use. I was planning on using a nagant but i already had the SVT. The uniform is a DML paratrooper under shirt, Misha's padded jacket, german trousers, A DML scarf, TUS boots, and a repainted/modified TUS spetznaz cap.

LMK what you guys think, I added the refference picture at the end. He isnt modeled after any specific guy. I just kinda took creative freedom with the project. It was also a good way to cheaply boost up my Russian ranks...

290Civil1.JPG

290Civil2.JPG

290Civil3.JPG

290Civil4.JPG

290Civil5.JPG

290Civilvoluenteers1.jpg

very cool , great subeject , we see so many regular soldiers , its nice to see the civilians that took up arms against the Germans !

Hey comrade, light that candle and toss it at those krauts :lol:
Great looking figure. What HS is he?

Kyle

Back