• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

DiD "Rudolf Anhalt" question

krakow

Marksman
I'm sure there was some discussion about this when the figure was first previewed or released but, I seem to have missed out on that and I find my curiosity is getting the better of me.

What was the little black leather pouch attached to the white sash used for? Personal ID, handcuffs, a pack of smokes and a lighter? Did it hold something of importance?

Steve
www.krak-troops.com

well I'm probably wrong but I'm sure the case is mostly for show since it is a Parade uniform and most likely a symbolic item left over from german glory days possibly a powder pouch or something like that

but like I said I'm probably wrong and I'm sure some of the professors around here could tell you what it is

Cartouche

Steve, the cartouche worn by Rudolf is primarily just for show as the bandoleer and cartouche were only worn with the parade uniform and not with any duty uniform. Both officers and enlisted men wore the cartouche; the enlisted man's version was slightly larger. Although, the cartouche in this form was primarily ceremonial, it had its origins as a cartridge box. I don't think anything was actually placed in it when worn as a parade item.

On a related note, the bandoleer's silver buckle and hardware were worn at the back. I think DiD incorrectly show it worn to the front on Rudolf.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info and correct terminology regarding the item in question.

I'm really kinda bummed though. I was trying to find some use for this piece slightly outside of it's original intention. It's a great little pouch with a really nice metal emblem on it.

I had a picture in my mind of a Feldgie wearing the cartouche (only) on his duty belt, slid around to the side or just to the back. Maybe a few small personal belongings being kept inside or even some confiscated items.

Steve

www.krak-troops.com

Back