• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Dougmo's walls, bases and roads

viaad

Hello everyone,
Today Doug stopped by and he brought over a couple of his new pieces to preview. These are his new creations and the ones pictured here are not yet completed. He still has several finishing touches to add but he will have them ready for Weekend of Heroes. I posed my figures in front of them in order to show how they could work for dio's.

As you can see, three figures are easily posed in front of the dio

IMG_8221_zps49ffff55.jpg

IMG_8211_zps0d50c382.jpg

IMG_8218_zps3983a350.jpg

IMG_8212_zpsa09bc400.jpg

IMG_8220_zpsac1b4a98.jpg

IMG_8222_zpsb1d4aa1d.jpg

These are large pieces but very light and functional. They are not so big as to be burdensome. Doug is trying to get ideas for large pieces and these as well. They are nicely done and each is hand painted. We had a jeep on the cobblestone road and still had room to spare. As i tried to picture, you can easily do small dio's and have the figures within the area of the dio. Great pieces! Contact Dougmo if you have any questions.

Thanks Doug for bringing these over for me to see!!!!:)

Thanks for the kind words, Alphonso. Make sure some of your terrific vehicles get posted, too.
If you're at the Pittsburg show, make sure to stop by and say hello -

Last edited:
I can say Doug's walls are the greatest. I have 3 of them and one has been outside in rain snow 110 degree weather for almost 3 years and looks as good as the 2 inside the War room. I have tested them to the Max and they look Great also.
Thanks, Bill GB

I bought a wall last year from Doug at Columbus's show and it is great. Better than that is the great person he was to talk to. He was great to sit with and enjoyed our conversations. Was hoping to talk to him again this year but an unexpected tragic death in the wife's family has stopped me from going to the show in Pittsburgh. I am sad at the thought of not seeing him or Viaad again but family has to come first. If anyone can meet and also buy a wall from Doug then you will be much better for the experience after you do. SHEP.

just bought a bunch of Doug's walls received them in the mail today. they are truly amazing WORKS OF ART!! If you need dio backdrops these are the ticket.
john

Would it be possible for you Doug, to tell us what the walls, etc are made from so those of us not familiar could get a sense of the items are made from? Are they able to be broken down for movement or storage? This one is incredibly detailed and reall a work of art but I'm at a loss as to the details. Your input would be very appreciated.

Im sure Doug will chime in once he sees this or you can send him a PM if you dont hear from but Ill tell you what I know and think of his products.

Dougs pieces are light weight and very easy to transport and store. His paint jobs are superb and he has done quite a bit of research to ensure that the colors he uses match those that you would see in the French country side around Normandy. I dont recall how they were excatly made but I think there is a post on the board detailing that. You cant go wrong with any of his pieces. I have several of his walls and corner pieces and I hope to add more in the future.

Send Doug a PM, Im sure he would be happy to tell you more about his work.

This piece was something he was working on at the time and he stopped by during one of our get togethers to show us. It was not completely finished but he had it finsihed by the time WOH took place that year.

Thanks for the interest and kind words, guys. The final products are made from a rigid urethane foam, light, but very sturdy. It's nothing that will ever chip, like polystone.
The originals were hand carved from a mix of floor leveling compound cut with Plaster of Paris, and the moulding process is amazing: every detail is captured.
Here are some links with accompanying photos:

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=3893&highlight=norman+rockwall

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=16974&highlight=repaints

I have a bunch of newer items out, including the ruined European wall in Alphonso's post. Feel free to drop me a PM-

I purchased the ruined European wall-very well detailed-very light weight and will look great on my shelf great height for a dio. highly recommend dougs stuff
john

Some amazing work, excellent pieces, I'm very impressed with the rock walls and the cobblestone streets and sidewalks, everything looks very realistic and familiar.

A suggestion for a large piece would be a church tower or other kind of steeple tower, maybe with a cemetery with headstones (great for sniper dios). I'd love to see his take on a pillbox or other engineered defense position. For Afrika Korp you could do a desert well.

I appreciate the suggestions, Redleg. There are some considerations in the creation of new works. The molding process can be compromised, depending on the depth of some of the detail. Anything as big as a church could cost a fortune to ship, while the time spent on painting and detailing needs to be taken into account. It's way more than making something and having it molded.
With that, please....creative ideas are most welcome.....and I've thought about the headstones, too!

Outstanding pieces. On my next outdoor photos I HAVE, ,to use some oh his bits...
Truly amazing work!

Back