• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Easy Puppchen wheel conversion!

krakow

Marksman
Until CH pops out that wheeled version, here's what you can do to hold you over.

I know alot of you are a little let down by the fact that the "Pupp" came with skis and not wheels. Heck, I live in Texas and with the sooooo infreuqent snowfalls here, I have no use what so ever for anything with skis.

After my shipment of "Wolfgang" & Pupps came in and I saw how the skis were attached, I got a brainstorm. I knew the wheels on my DiD "Nebel" screwed right off so I held one up to the Pupp and realized they don't look bad at all. I did a little research and found some pics of Pupps that had wheels so similar to the ones I had, I decided to move forward.

All you need is a short bolt and some duct tape. Since almost all of our toys are made in China, the bolt you need is going to be Metric (I think the size was M6 or 12mm). I cut it to the lenght I needed and added a couple of wraps of duct tape to one end (the bolt is slightly smaller in diameter than the hole where the skis went in the Pupp). You will also need a very short spacer (plastic tubing or even a small washer will work) to go over the stud you added. It will go between the plastic ski hole on the Pupp and the back of the Nebel wheel hub. From there all you do is screw the "Nebel" wheel on you're good to go.

You should not have to glue the studs into the Pupp. The tape should make them more than tight enough to hold and by not gluing them in place, you retain the ability to pull them back out and pop the skis in whenever you want. Neither the Pupp nor the Nebel are damaged or altered in such a way that you sacrifice one for the other.

I may have goofed shooting mine with Panzer Gray (not sure if these were really painted both Gray and Yellow or just Yellow) but, that's what color the Nebel wheels were so I went with it. Didn't have time to do any weathering yet, was in a hurry to let you guys see what you can do with this little jewel to make it more versatile.

Enjoy!!

Steve
www.krak-troops.com

pupp1.jpg

pupp2.jpg

pupp3.jpg

Steve,

I am glad you showed how this is done. I plan to do the same thing. I put Panzerwerks 250 tires on the nebel when i do the switch. For the money and the switch you have a pretty good field piece. Yours looks great!

Pupp wheel conversion

Dennis,

Randy actually said the same thing to me when I mentioned doing this. I'll have to score a set of 250 wheels for my Nebel too and then if I need to, I can use both weapons at the same time.

Thanks for the Kudos guys!

Steve
www.krak-troops.com

Back