• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

ENTRY # 13 - Sturmpionier_Wiking

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
Totenkopf Obersturmführer - Retreat through Hungary, April 1945

A Totenkopf Obersturmführer uses the last light of the day to prepare his troops for night ambushes against Soviet armor. Using crude explosives they plan to halt the Soviet advance through the narrow forest passes of the Hungarian countryside. After the inferno of Budapest his unit is plagued with injuries and lack of supplies but they press on with what little they have. With few vehicles remaining the men use their meager gasoline stores and have fashioned jerrycan bombs to use against Soviet armor, a desperate attempt to fend off the inevitable onslaught of T-34 and Stalin tanks. A wet spring has reawakened the scorched fields and forests of Europe , while the Totenkopf Division tirelessly plunges towards their fate.

[hr:9781088038]
WSS001b.jpg

WSS002b.jpg

WSS003b.jpg

WSS004b.jpg

WSS005b.jpg

WSS006b.jpg

WSS007b.jpg

Figure composition:
----------------------
Sculpt and figure: DiD
Cap: Dragon
Tunic: DiD
Totenkopf Ranks & Pips: CVI, painted aluminum
SS Camouflage smock: DiD
Belt: DiD
Map case: DiD
Holster: DiD
Pants: DiD
Jackboots: DiD
Jerrycan bomb: Dragon can with Dragon grenade attached with picture frame wire

Head sculpt was washed with artists oil. Gear was lightly sanded and weathered with pastels and oil washes. Clothing was set with glue and given a light pastel dusting where appropriate. Boots were glazed with lacquer and lightly weathered with pastels. Gas can is a stock Dragon piece modified into the bombs seen in German anti-tank training manuals.

Back