• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

ENTRY # 17 - fusilier1944

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
Rottenführer Georg Kastrioti is of a veteran of the 21st Waffen-Gebirgs Division der SS Skanderbeg (Albanische Nr. 1) loyally serving in the SS Freiwilligen-Gebirgsjäger Regiment 14 Skanderbeg of the 7.SS Freiwilligen-Gebirgs Division Prinz Eugen. He is stationed in the area of Vukovar in Croatia in February 1945 after spending the past several months in action against Soviet forces and Jugoslavian partisans. An important event that helped shape veterans of both these units was the defense of the Vardar Corridor in Macedonia that allowed several hundred thousand German soldiers to escape Soviet encirclement. While many of his fellow countrymen have deserted Rottenführer Kastrioti fights on as gallantly as his namesake had done centuries before
[hr:39cb8d9e8c]
Skanderbeg1.jpg

Skanderbeg2.jpg

Skanderbeg3.jpg

Skanderbeg4.jpg

Skanderbeg5.jpg

Skanderbeg6.jpg

Skanderbeg7.jpg

volstad_prinzeugen.jpg

The figure was inspired by the Ron Volstad rendering of a Prinz Eugen soldat accompanying my pictures. Most items have received some weathering in the form of dry brushing or painted wear. Although the base is not part of the figure it was made for displaying the figure as this will be given to an Albanian friend some time after this contest is over.

Custom Items:
-Gebirgsjäger Anorak made of custom printed spring Plane Tree camouflage (stuffed in rucksack, hood is just visible).
-Rucksack made in feldgrau cloth.
-Flare Pistol holster made of pleather painted leather and black, with strap.
-Skanderbeg collar insignia, cuff title, and national sleeve shield.
-M43 with SS trapezoidal insignia and printed Edelweiss.
-Hand sewn pleather bayonet frog.
-Machine sewn pleather grenade launcher pouch.
-Rolled Plain Tree zeltbahn.

DML parts:
-M43 SS tunic and pants.
-Low boots with gamaschen.
-Helmet and cover.
-Belt, ammo pouches, bread bag, mess tin, canteen, flare pouch, and Y-riemen.
-Egg and stick grenades.
-Bayonet.
-Nude figure (name?).

Other/Unknown manufacturer:
-Short model K98k.
-Tellermine.

Back