• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

'F' Rod Aerial Container WS No.19 ZA.29556

Johnny Canuck

Battalion Commander
'F' Rod Aerial Container WS No.19 ZA.29556

Well continuing in the wireless vein, we have one of the containers for the 'F' Rods that were used with the No.19 Set. (Possibly some others also)
There are a couple of different styles that I'm aware of so far, the one I acquired has no ground spike or base mount in/on the the removable end cap. There was also no webbing for the hammer although the hardware is on the tube. Makes sense, why would you want a ground spike and hammer for a tank; whereas a ground station or radio truck would want these items as they are often stationary which allows more complex attenea.

no19setantennaerodsfmet.jpg

Here is my version of 4 'F' Rods, a 'G' Rod and an Aerial Container ZA.29556
Tubes is brass, brass hardware, working cap not exactly proto sort of reversed, carrying strap, hammer straps I had to sort of fudge it no clear reference yet, 'F' Rods are 3/8" brass tubing with turn to lock M/F they a not exact as the No.2 Rod doesn't taper, 'G' Rod is 1/4" brass rod, the copper bulb on the end of the brass piece is the turn and lock fitting for the Aerial Base No.10 from Armorpax that will go on the Sherman Ic. Not to much stock stuff in this one.

Well maybe the lads........... and the jeep ........... and the buildings .............
aerialcase004.jpg

aerialcase012.jpg

Spare Aerial Container ZA.29556
aerialcase014.jpg

aerialcase016.jpg

aerialcase018.jpg

aerialcase023.jpg

aerialcase032.jpg

Aerial Rods
aerialcase026.jpg

aerialcase038.jpg

'G' Rod in the foreground, joint in the 2 'F' Rods is about 1/2" below his pinky.
aerialcase042.jpg

'F' Rods
top4sections34ftrodaeri.jpg

My female mount for the No.10 base, the bulb is visible and there is a 1/2" long pin for mounting. Brass rod is so I don't loose it.
aerialcase046.jpg

Early style rod ends
top4sections34ftrodaeri.jpg

Canadian modified rod ends
switchboardchargingno5z.jpg

Hammer webbing, carrying strap, buckle and attachment.
caseaerialno1ws1922aeri.jpg

Aerial Container end cap with ground spike and removable aerial base mount.
caseaerialno1ws1922aeri.jpg

Thank for lookin.

Next.................. the many ways of putting up a 34' mast aerial. 'D' Rods, more 'F' Rods, 20' telescopic mast and 34' telescoping mask.

JC

PS Just one more, not a bad pic, so here you go.

aerialcase043.jpg

I was cleaning up my picture file and had an eureka moment. Found this photo of a Bren Carrier Wireless installation. Check out the 2 brackets on the right hand upper side of the picture . This would explain why my original 1/1 case has no hammer, associated webbing or ground spike and base. Also the carrying strap appears to have never been adjusted, this is a model found in a carrier or tanks.

img1545fx.jpg

Aha! That explains it. Again, great metal work an modeling skills Geoff! Sorry it took so long to comment. I think many of us are getting lax in that department, I know I have been :(

Back