• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Fields of Armor - LOCSTAT

SteveKrieg

Company Commander
G'day all,

Not too sure if anyone can help or whether this is the right discussion area to ask but does anyone have a contact for Fields of Armor - the U.S.-based fine makers of tanks, parts and such?

Reason being is that I've got two orders long-outstanding and I know they've recently had a retooling (by recent I mean late last year) and I've left several messages on their 'Contact Us' link on their site but nil joy on the response.

Does anyone know if they're still operational as their website appears to be.

Any assistance appreciated as, given the cost of the orders I placed, it's getting beyond a 'tad concerning' phase. Cheers, Steve

The email above is correct, though FOA is very bad about getting back to us. I've been waiting on parts for a long time too.

They are in business.

Thankyou very much all. Despite the inordinately long delay I'm still keen to place orders with them but not until I receive what is currently pending delivery. I suspect they're no doubt just flat chat but a nice update from them wouldn't hurt to that effect. Waiting out, Cheers, Steve

Talked to Loic, he hasn't gone anywhere and his model company Kitlinx has been doing very well. The FOA line up will be moved to a new website that they are working on.

Leonard
RTT

very good big news
I'm glad

https://fieldofarmortanks.com/

slider3_1626x615.jpg

He's back????.... I wonder what's stopping him from cheating his customers again???

:mad: :@ I was lucky to get my money back. Many have not. He just disappears for a few years to let the heat die down and then reappears to fleece newcomers to the hobby before disappearing again.

Back