• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

FIRST PLACE - thetoysurgeon#2

thetoysurgeon

Battalion Commander
You fix'em and I'll drive'em !

US Army Combat Vehicle Crewman, Driver - Tracked Vehicles , ETO , Autumn, 1944

2~1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

1~0.jpg

Fantastic figure Dennis!!!!! A very well deserved first place, a big congrats to you!!!

budro 65

well done!

Please tell us how you got the dirt ingrained into the creases of his fingers - I've tried all sorts of ways and can never get them to work.

Thanks guys! I stole a method from Eduardo while I was down there and this was my first attempt on both my entries. I don't know if I did it right but it looks good to me. I especially like the dirt effect on the LW guy's neck, back and face. I outlined the dirt under the fingernails by taking a Micron 05 ink pen and drew a line across the end of each finger nail. Then I mixed the cheap (Michaels Acrylic paint) Burnt umber or raw umber, with denatured alcohol. Take a medium size brush and just coat the hand or face real good. Have a clean brush, water, damp paper towel and q-tips at ready. The palms of the hands are less dirty so dab that area first. then with a damp q-tip or paper towel dap most of the excess paint away. If it dries to fast have some clean alcohol to rewet the area to work with it. I always dirty up and weather my figures. I have very few clean ones. Sometime its bad to see a cool uniform or camo get all stained and painted up. Hope this helps.

Back