• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Foxhole Rita & Christmas in the Ardennes

Very sharp, Slick!

Love the photos, the figures, the set-up, and the dialogue! Well done all around!

They look quite cold and you've conveyed that well! Reminds me of the Bastogne episode in Band of Brothers - I felt cold after watching that episode!

Again, well done!

Fred
Thanks Fred. Lots of folks have written that they can feel the cold in the pics. Must be the Woodland Scenics snow. LOL. I did have the BOB Bastogne episode in mind as I thought through the project. I DVR'd that episode and watched it several times prior to putting the dio together. I was sad when I bagged it up for trash collection. And, what a pain in the butt it was getting the snow off of the figures. Slick

Woodland Scenics snow - nice! Makes sense - it looks really good!

That stuff probably sucks just as much as getting dust off of figures after they've been on a shelf for a while. Time to get that mini hobby vacuum, eh?

Again - great job!

Fred

Slick, thanks for reposting this and your Bocage dio. I don't know how but I somehow missed them the first time. They are really great.

Tim

As everyone has already stated, this is an exceptionally well done dio. The condoms on the rifles, the small pines and tree saplings in the background, the snow applied to only one side of the trees, the empty discarded rations packages. Things other people might have missed. All great details and well thought out. Very inspired and inspiring work Slick! It's kind of a shame you have to tear it down.

Steve

Excellent diorama work and photos, very well done indeed. Snowy scenes are hard to do right and you did a marvelous job.

As everyone has already stated, this is an exceptionally well done dio. The condoms on the rifles, the small pines and tree saplings in the background, the snow applied to only one side of the trees, the empty discarded rations packages. Things other people might have missed. All great details and well thought out. Very inspired and inspiring work Slick! It's kind of a shame you have to tear it down.

Steve

Thanks guys for looking. Steve, it did break my heart to tear it down. That's the problem with 1/6 scale. Takes up your whole house. Cleaning up is a pain in the a55 too. I would like to do my next dio indoors but it would take up my entire basement. Momma won't go for that.

I wish I had time to do a new Christmas dio, who knows maybe a quickie over the weekend. But in the mean time I thought I would recycle an oldie.

That is excellent in so many ways and even the wife loved it (now that's got to be a bonus point right there). Probably one of the most realistic backdrops I've seen where the figures almost appear to be supporting the background. Simply grand...thanks for sharing, even though it's an old post it's great that it's been brought to the surface of the 1/6th folder ocean (amazing how many posts are on this site and the various themes so-far covered).

Merry Christmas to one and all and best wishes to you and yours for 2016.

Steve

Looked back at some stuff I made in the past. Eyesight slowly coming back. I hope to start a new dio soon.

That is great news!

Hopefully your recovery will be a speedy one because I for one can't wait to see your next dio

Cya
Hankster

I'm glad to hear your eyesight is coming back. I've missed your work. Here's wishing we see some new work from you in 2018.

Back