• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Generalmajor Ramcke, Africa

rdjmchris

Rifleman
Been a while since I posted anything in here, but I have been focused on retirement and walking the AT. I did find some time to work on a some FJs. I got a DML Hermann Ramcke for a good deal. This is him in early/mid 1942. I added some of Nomad's shoulder boards (though I have to tweak how I have them attached), put some pieces into his pockets, and worked a button hole on the open pocket. I have several pictures of Ramcke with some kinda leather strap attached to his right epaulet and top pocket (not sure what it is for). I want to add a Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge and need to weather him, but that will have to wait.
phpqajzcqpm.jpg

CHE's Ramcke figure is always a nice addition not only to any DAK scene but FJR also. Great figure and looking forward to the update pics of your intent. Cheers, Steve

Cool figure and great comeback post, Chris!

Looking forward to seeing him progress as I love all things Afrikakorps related!

Welcome back to the fight!

Fred

Cool figure and great comeback post, Chris!

Looking forward to seeing him progress as I love all things Afrikakorps related!

Welcome back to the fight!

Fred

Thanks. I was really enjoying getting back into the hobby, but my timing is a little off. As of yesterday all our stuff is in storage until we get done hiking the Appalachian Trail. Should be done in September and then my semi-retired self is looking forward to working on my 1/6th stuff more.

Back