• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Ghost of the Khyber (Modern SF)

Tracker47

Machine Gunner
I saw a show on Discovery recently that outlined our hunt for Terrorists in the disputed mountain territories of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

One of the stories was about an Al Qaeda commander that the Pakistanis lured into a trap to arrest him. He arrived on a motorcycle. As he got off and started to walk toward the meeting spot, he was jumped by what appeared to be four women in burqua’s. In a later interview, this guy was incensed. He couldn’t believe that women caught him.

Interesting though was how he described these “women” as being VERY LARGE AND VERY STRONG! Makes you wonder who was under the burqua, don’t it?

I guess you believe what you want, even if a bunch of American SF Operators dressed as women jump you and kick your ass.

So I had to bash something. The idea of our guys operating incommunicado in civilian clothes across the border is fun to bash.

The figure is a dragon body. The sculpt is also dragon (Rolf Seeger) with the beard and hair sculpted in A/B putty. I used the real SF guy in the photo as the model. The clothing and equipment is from Hot Toys, Battlegear, Newline (jump boots dyed black), ACE & Toy Soldier.

The Walking Stick is made from wood dowel, Doll House Furniture legs and Copper foil. The sheath for the Randall knife is one of my custom leather ones. The Throwing Hawk is a modification of the one that comes with the Lewis and Clark figures.

So just in case you are a Terrorist hiding in the mountains, remember the “Ghosts of the Khyber” may be hunting you. Sleep well.

GotK1a.JPG

GotKCompare.JPG

GotK2B.JPG

GotKPort1.JPG

GotKCollage3.JPG

Great job on the fig, Tracker! :!:

I think you really captured the essence of modern day specops with this one.

Back