• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

HHC 501st PIR Souvenir Hunter (56k Beware)

JTFazz

Company Commander
Here is my latest Screaming Eagles project...

This is a depiction of a 1LT from the HHC of the 501st PIR souvenir hunting during Operation Market Garden. I hope this is the right forum section to post this... :D

marketgarden1a.jpg

marketgarden2a.jpg

marketgarden3a.jpg

marketgarden5a.jpg

marketgarden6a.jpg

marketgarden7a.jpg

marketgarden8a.jpg

marketgarden9a.jpg

marketgarden10a.jpg

Here is the gear breakdown:

M1C Helmet - DML customized with airbrushed 501PIR stencil markings. Scratch-built: standard chin strap, chin cup loops and chin cup. Netting was made from fishnet hose.

M1944 Goggles - Unknown

Uniform - M43 jacket, modified trousers, shirt and M43 buckle top boots are DML Garrett White. Collar rank and branch insignia from Cotswold. 101st patch was made by me. Flag armband is DML Jeb release.

Mussette Bag - DML Garrett White

Binoculars - DML Patton with leather strap and buckle from Rio Rondo.

SCR-536 - DML Pete Dixon, modified with custom label and weathering.

M1A1 Carbine Scabbard - Cotswold Elite Brigade

M1A1 Carbine - DML Nick Corrigan, with Cotswold sling. Weathered with custom painted wood grain. Technique inspired by Mountain Trooper...

M7 Gas Mask Carrier - Corner Arsenal custom

M3 Trench Knife and M6 Scabbard - DML Frank Laird

M1936 Suspenders and web belt Latest DML pattern, with customized Armorpax tabs, buckles, etc. Custom felt pads on suspenders.

Rigger pouch - DML Frank Laird, customized with LTD fasteners from CVI.

M1 Carbine Magazine Pouch - DML James Ford, CVI LTD fastener

Paratrooper First Aid Packet - DML Laird, White or Gordon

Bandolier - DML Mike Conolly, elongated strap.

M1910 Canteen and Cover - DML latest release, modified with cap chain. Cover modified with CVI LTD fasteners.

M18 Smoke Grenade and MK II A1 Fragmentation Grenades - DML Garrett White

M1942 First Aid Pouch/Packet - DML latest release with CVI LTD fasteners.

M1911 Pistol and M1916 Holster - DML latest release.

Paratrooper-modified M1910 Entrenching Tool and Cover - BBI Will Bailey

German souvenirs on ground - from DML Great Coat Set I. Exception is M31 Mess Kit from 21C

German M42 Helmet - 21C with large caliber "missile" damage customization.

BBI G3.5 body with Chopper Headsculpt

If I left out anything, let me know... :D

Very nice. I like what you did w/ the 21st helmet, I gotta try it! Great posing, weathering, a GREAT figure!

Back