• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Indiana Jones - Col. Dovchenko by Hasbro?

fusilier1944

Company Commander
I was able to grab a couple of these on sale at KBtoys. I'm just curious if there is anything useable in them?

40668890f9_Main200.jpg

I know the movie took place post-WW2 but wondered if the uniform and cap might be period appropriate. I don't really know anything about Soviet uniforms, wartime or postwar. Any insight would be appreciated...

Please post a lager photo and I can offer some crtical review. From what I can see the uniform looks like it may have possibilites for service dress.

fusilier1944, is this figure good for 1/6th. I walked past a few this past December as I was getting toys for the kids but just got a quick look and didn't think twice about them. Can you take a picture of this figure next to one of your German's so I can see how it looks as if it looks OK then I will look for this at the local and Erie toystores. I need some figures that I can be beat up as I have plans for a dio involving water in the future. I don't have a time frame as I am trying to pull some friends into helping me with the hope that they will take to the hobby. Thanks if/or you post those pics for me. SHEP

Yep, do us all a favor and get some pics of the actual figure in hand (since you got a couple) then some board experts can comment. Kind of hard to make anything out on that pic you've got.

THough in my experience the Hasbro line tends to be a little too "toy like" for most folks taste, there may be something useable.

The photo was taken from the Hasbro website. Once I get one out of the box I'll get some pics. I was hoping someone who had actually bought the figure might be able to offer some insight. My plan was that if you guys said "no," then I'd dump them on eBay and try to make a few bucks, hence the avoidance of disemboxing right way...

LOL no prob :!: , I just looked some up on ebay, don't look to be intended for the "accurate" market but wow - fire ants included! :lol:

Here is the Comrade in question:
IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

From what I can tell the pants are cut like DML ones I own but I can't place the jacket. I've only got 2 books on the Soviets, 1 for wartime and 1 coldwar era. While far from comprehensive I can't place the jacket. The gun needs a repaint no matter what and the Sam Brown belt is just blah. I was hoping for the SA body but am disappointed with what I found underneath his clothes. In the photos with Baldur their heals are lined up with the same plank for height perspective (w/ and w/o hats). Boots appear to be uni-footed, with no left or right. For regular price it would have been a bit disappointing but at discount the guy is Ok for the toy that he is. At least I know I can play rough with these guys, not like I'd care about treating the Commies well anyway...

I await your collective verdict!

Your figure looks substantially different from the Hasbro pictures, mostly in terms of uniform fit and color. The color of the uniform needs work, and if like the previous WWII Russian they released the fabric can't be bleached.

The tunic might be salvageable for an early/pre-war service dress tunic but will require a substantial amount of work.

The cap isn't bad for being molded but it's not great either. With some paint would work for senior officers.

I like the boots, they may not be accurate but they look nice. The holster, belt and cross strap need to be burned.

Probably the best part is the head sculpt which I like a lot but it does to be painted.

Thanks fusilier1944 for the pics. If you don't mind me asking how much was this figure? What store did you pick them up in? Once again thanks for the pics and hope I didn't put you out to much by you opening up one. SHEP

Back