• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Is Flickr preparing to pull a Photobucket on us?

Ortona

Marksman
I got this strange email the other day. It looks as though Flickr is going to start deleting all formerly free, private photos over the new maximum of fifty (down from one thousand). The options are join/pay up, or convert all private photos to public ones, a process that apparently takes picture one at a time ...

Here's the message:

"Hi ******,

Your account is currently in violation of Flickr’s new free account limits. Any photos that do not adhere to these limits will soon be at risk of removal, and removing photos is not something we enjoy doing. At all. See below for how to get your account back in good standing.

You have more than 50 non-public photos on your free account.

To avoid the removal of photos in violation of this limit, please do one of the following: subscribe to Flickr Pro

Change your privacy settings to make excess photos public.
Download excess non-public photos and remove them from your Flickr account.
Subscribe to Flickr Pro for 20% off. (Or save 25% with a two-year plan.)
Photo removals for accounts in violation of these limits will begin May 17, 2022.

Thanks for getting your account in-line with our new limits, and thanks for being part of the Flickr community.

-The Flickr Team"

0-6 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-10 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-4 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-6 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Does sound like photobucket scheme to get you to upgrade to a pay for storage account. Pull you and then change how the game is played.

I was really glad that a lot of sites, including the new version of this site allows you to just drag and drop a picture, instead of all that moving them from one place to another!

Back