• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Joelanta 2008

thetoysurgeon

Battalion Commander
Got back from Joelanta last night with lots of goodies and a bag full of cash. Ran into some old buddies like Anthrush and StevO and shared the isle with a great group of guys from Toychest to keep me company. Gary Kutcher was going to come up from Texas and share my booth but something came up.

I finally traded up in this world and got a Krupp Protze from Mardon through a trade with Cory. A vehicle that has eluded me for years. Its a gem! I traded a complete flakvierling for it as seen in the picture below. I also met Graham Court from Newline. If there is anyone I would want to go bar hopping with it would be him. A man of many tales. A fantastic vendor who had his whole line there. I picked up some of his new M43s in SS and plain black. From first glance and fit they are some of the best ones on the market to me. I'll do a review in another thread in a few days. I also got his german brown boots with gaiters..they are fantastic as everyone knows. The first pic is of Cory Lord from Toychest on the right and Graham Court from Newline on the left. Mike is hiding behind him and Scott is nowhere to be seen. The second shot is of my booth and the last is my complete flakvierling. I had 2 of them plus my Wirblewind and hangelafette turrets at Joelanta. Had a blast like always at Joelanta ! Ya'll need to come on down!
I want to apologize for this excuse of photography. My camera died after 3 pics even with new batteries. These 3 pics are all I could get and they are pretty cruddy. Enjoy!

normal_P0000001~0.JPG

P0000002.JPG

P0000003.JPG

We had a great time too! Dennis it's allways good to hang out with you at the shows ,all of these shows are full of laughs and hanging out time we all need.....Hope to see many of you in Myrtel Beach in a couple of weeks. More good times to be had

It was truly lots of fun to get back together with all the guys again. My first show in a while and I had dearly missed the comraderie.
Great to see Cory, Graham, Mike and of course Dennis (thanks again for the Kubel body). And BTW, thats me hiding behind Cory and Graham in your first photo. I recognize my bony leg. So Mike is nowhere to be seen. He was probably off actually waiting on customers.

See ya at Myrtle Beach.

Scott

....it was probably taking that picture of Cory and I that made your camera die Dennis, it may never recover!

As always, Joelanta was a blast, it was good to meet you too Dennis, and to find out that all I've heard about you isn't true! (only joking!) It was great to catch up with 'all the usual suspects', the collectors/board members/vendors who attend every year, and to meet new faces, those who have been around in the hobby for while, and those that are just starting on this perilous road in search of 1/6th nirvana!

Dennis' custom stuff was fantastic, the whilywarblewind thingy and the Hanglefartersnurfelburgler doohicky were masterfully done! A must see, one of the many reasons that remind us to go to shows, for me there is a HUGE part of this hobby we just can't get sitting in front of our computer screens!

Looking forward to Myrtle Beach and DX08 among others!

Happy Hobbying!

Graham

Back