• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Joelanta 2009 - May 17th

thetoysurgeon

Battalion Commander
Joelanta will be on Sunday (yes one day) MAy 17th. I will be there and I am sure Cory from Toychest and Graham from Newline will be there. Its at the Marriott Century Center, Atlanta GA.

Dennis,

Are you going to bring the M5 HST or is it still in progress. I will be there 1000 on Sunday with my usual assistants. :D

Allen

Well I gotta say the show was pretty neat a bit cramped for all to fit but it was good and when they decided to turn all the lights it got much better. Lots of prices were given out and of course I got none but hey who cared the dealers were mostly from the GI Joe line but ToyChest and Collectibles martin, Mr simonetto delivered some great hard to find items (when was the last time you saw CH Peiper 2nd version, AND Paul Hausser 1st edition all by the same seller) Martin delivered some great loose figiures and of Course Toychest delivered the best new figures. The prices were less negotiable and a bit steeper but nevertheless they were the only ones available, and were in great shape. It was good to see a 1/6 tiger and FLAK 88 thought only one real diorama was available but it was very well made. Oh cant for get NML Alan and Mr Graham they delivered two very need troops. We had a good time hope there s a new one soon

It was a great show from my perspective, the Joelanta crew provided a really good venue, kept things interesting throughout the day with door prizes etc, and their infectious good energy. One of the things I like about this show is the dedicated following of regular attendees that has been 'cultivated' over the years, many regulars (both vendors and attendee's) who are grateful for the continued presence of the show. Without exception they are a thoroughly pleasant bunch and I enjoy passing the time with them enormously.

There are always new people too, and their excitement for the hobby is a big boost.

Thanks to all for a great experience - as usual - and the kind comments about NewLine stuff, the custom items I had were very well received along with the older 'staples' and the new items, the M1 cartridge belt was particulally well received!

Thanks Guy's, see you next year!

Great show and got to see all my old friends. Graham of Newline and Cory, Mike and Steve of Toychest and Keith and Greg of Cotswold were there and many others. Lots of goodies throughout. I just wish it wasn't raining on Sunday. All you folks on SAG that came need to tell me your handle so I can put a face to a name ! Glad to see Anthrush and Mailalan make it by the booth.

We had a really great time too ,good to see so many collectors in one place. If you missed out hope to see you at the next show

Back