• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Looking for "First Airborne Task Force" by De Trez

caribmar07

Marksman
Does anyone no where I may find the following book:

First Airborne Task Force
A Pictorial History of the
Allied Paratroopers in the
Invasion of Southern France by DE Trez

I've looked everywhere and nobody seems to have it in stock. I don't want to pay the $200.00 plus dollars its going for in AMAZON (THATS CRIMINAL!!!). Any help would be appreciatred, thanks.

Unless your very, very lucky then your looking at over $100, often $150+ from any reatiler that knows what it's worth. It been out of print a long time and is very sought after as reference, sometimes cheap copies turn up from individuals, but from any on-line source your going to have to bite the bullet and dig deep or live without it.

Airborne

Thanks for the response. I figured it would be hard to find. I dont mind spending around 100 dollars but over 250.00 is hard to swallow & not to mention expliang it to my wife. Thanks again...

That book's been on my wanted list for some time as well i have been watching on Ebay but to no avail..perhaps it may be time for a reprint ?
Winterdan.

Sorry, its not going to happen. I sent an email to D-Day publishing inquiring of a possible reprint. They responded promptly with a negative response. They are not going to reprint the book;however, their new book eclispses it.

Back