• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

M3 Halftrack

Germanbilly1

Brigade Commander
I just saw the M3 halftrack this morning when Randy stopped by the house on his way to WOH. All I can say is it is one nice looking American vehicle. The tracks are very well done, has rubber front tires. All the undercarrage is there. Drivers compartment all the little details and more. If no one gets any pictures of it at the show he is stopping by Sunday and we will take a lot of pictures. I think you American collectors are going to like this.
GB

Yep, it sure is nice! I saw it at the Myrtle Beach show, Toy Chest had one on display.

I'm saving my pennies!

Graham

Just got back from AWOH where Randy was showing the M#. What a fantastic kit :!: :!: :!:

It was just inside the front door and almost everyone walking in took a double take and had to get a closer look at it. Lots of folks snapping pics.

Here are some shots I added to an album

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=513

It was REALLY dark in the foyer where the Armor group was set up, so pardon some of the dark or blurry pics, but I think you get the idea. This is a prototype, so some parts are still being worked out, may or may not be in the final kit.

He really nailed the running gear. For years I have pondered how to do it, and Randy has figured out a great system that is both somewhat mass produce-able and still incredibly accurate. Hats off for that one Randy :!:

Here are a few of my favorite shots.

I'm glad to see Randy is on the march with this thing :!: When I posted the pictures he sent me earlier, he said he was still waiting on the fenders and running gear.

I hope he'll have this available for some time. Seems like most kets go on the market for a couple of months then you never see them again. With the way the economy is going it may take a while to save up the dough for this one :roll:

I know next to nothing about the M3, but that looks really cool! Did Randy discuss any other vehicles he had in the works?

Back