• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Need some serious help with Italians !!

krakow

Marksman
The LSSR dio group has an Anzio dio planned for this fall and my contribution will consist mainly of Italians. I've saved and scrounged enough gear for around 18 troops but, aside from the 8 para's (i'm good on these guys) i'm not sure what to do with the others.

I've found very little info on the Italian Army's contribution at Anzio. I know they were there, but who were they? I thumbed through a few books on Anzio at the local book store and found that a couple of the publications made no mention of the Italian Army at all.

Here's what i've got....

My base uniform consists of the DML "Paolo" green/gray para uniform w/ sweater and the TT plain green helmets from "Domenico" (White winter helmet cover was peeled off and the helm was repainted).

From there I need to know from what unit(s) men wearing this uni would be and what kit would they have carried. I need these to be infantry troops, nothing motorized or artillery since I have nothing for them to ride in or large guns for them to shoot.

At this point in the war does almost anything go with Italians as it did with Germans? Mix and match unis and gear? Or was everyone kitted the same?

Ammo pouches are an area of interest. Would it be OK to have one guy, maybe an NCO, with a 3 cell Beretta pouch (from "Marco") and another guy with the twin Carcano pouch (from Fabio)? Or even the two separate Carcano pouches (from "Luca")? How about the cloth 6 cell pouch from DML?

Was the camo shelter section (from "Aurelio") issued to all troops? Where and how was it carried? Was this item worn often? Would it have been worn in Anzio?

Footwear, from what i've seen thus far, has varied from a mountain type boot in Black or Brown to a smooth lace up boot in black or brown. Which would work best for my situation?

Would the Italian's have been fighting side by side in the same ditch or from behind the same tree as the German's or would they have been in their own respective areas doing their own thing with one common goal?

Any and all info provided will help me tremendously.

Thanks,

Steve
www.krak-troops.com

I know of three Italian units that served at Anzio/Nettuno and TT has made them all. First, a Battalion of the Decima Mas (RSI Marines) fought there and could be easily represented by TT's first figure: Marco. Second, TT's newest Italian SS figure would be ideal for the 29th SS troops in this campaign. Lastly, TT's Nembo Para Battalion, Ermanno, would also be perfect for this battle(s) and this is the unit most likely to be mixed with German units (paras).

As for gear, yes it would be mixed and they would wear ammo pouches appropriate to the weapon they carry. The DML 6-cell ammo pouch is a German item, but some German gear mixed in with Italian RSI Paras and SS were seen (ie belts, LMGs, etc). As for the shelter half, Italy issued these to all troops and was the first country to issue camo as a standard kit piece. any of the boots you listed would work.

Try contacting this member of the Spanish board Accionunoseis.

Daniel
img0029ze0.jpg

Here's a link to the page

Clicky Clicky Here

If you have trouble jbcat is a moderator on the site and posts here under the same name. Or I can try if you need assistance.

Seems like he know his stuff.

JC

I'm the RIGHT man for you.

Here all your question will have an answer

1 - Unit that fought at Anzio: Decima Mas, Italian SS, Nembo paratrooper

TT kit:
Marco - Decima mas
Aurelio - Italian SS
Ermanno - Nembo paratrooper

Ammo pouches.
If you will use rifles, you can place the "Fabio" ammo pouches with the model.

MAB ammo pouches.
You can use the Marco, and ANDREA ammo pouches

Decima mas helmet. USE THE ONE with MARCO.
It's the best solution for you

shoes: you can use infantery ones and alpino ones.
you can mix dark brown or black

Italian + germans.
Yes they fought often in the same line , maybe not completly mixed togheter, but for sure side by side

Image of reenactment of anzio and nettuno, with a LOT of italian uniforms:
http://www.decima-mas.net/decimaedint/nettuno.html

all the uniforms that you see here are correct!

let me know if all of this solved your problems!

If you need more info, as said JC, you canc contact with me and I talk with Daniel.

A great ammount of Daniel,s figures are home made.

Thanks for the help with Italians!!

Just wanted to thank everyone that responded and shared their knowledge on this subject matter.

The diorama/shoot will be held around the end of September and i'll have pics up soon after.

Steve
www.krak-troops.com

Can the badge on Marco's Basco hat be used for any other unit besides the Lupo Marines?

I've got Marco's Basco beret (need to change the color) and Ermanno's uniform for a possible switch out when Satoni Andrea arrives. I figure I can replace the Mostrine (lapel tabs?) and the para shield with the X-MAS Mostrine and shield that will come with Satoni. That leaves the beret badge.

x Dubar.
The badge of Marco on the beret can be used with EVERY Decima Mas figure you have in mind.

My suggestion is find the Helmet of Marco, and use the Helmet of Marco instead to use the Satoni one, that is very bad shaped.

Your model will look much more realistic.

Back