• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

New Things from Tony Barton....

Tony Barton

Company Commander
New Things from TB…..

First the next set of Heads, Nos. 71-80 .

The latest mix, most of them made for my own figures over the last two years.
No. 71 is based on Paddy Mayne : whether you think it looks like him is up to you…the famous scruffily bearded desert pic is not much help, so this is based on clearer ones which were probably taken a little later.

Most of these heads are on the larger side , to suit the larger bodies we seem to have to buy these days.

Heads-Nos-71-to-80.jpg

That's what you get if you order .

The painted originals look like this :~

ThenewsetNos71to80.jpg

But please don't let this pic predjudice you as to what you can do with them. Adding extra hair is easy , and some people have even done a little resculpting to get the efect they wanted .

The size of heads is interesting : I often measure my luckless visitors, and scaled down , most of them come out between 36 and 40mm , for the length of the face from the top of the head to the chin measured as a straight line. The smallest I have yet found is a 34, the longest myself at 40mm. Of these heads , No, 78 is the largest , a 40mm.The rest are in the 36-38 range .
Of course the proportions of the back of the head, and the shape of the neck , have for so long been distorted by the major makers that we have got used to it.
They usually make the cranium far too small, and the neck much too vertical , all for ease of vinyl production and fitting to neckposts and headgear .
And some of the recent heads from Soldier Story , for instance , although fabulously painted, have been tiny , literally the size of a child .

In the end , it’s what looks right to you.Those who have used my heads before know that you have to modify the neckpost to take them , but you do get a head without the horrid seam.

Unfortunately , the price rises of resin and VAT have forced me to put up the price a little to £8 , for all my heads from now on.

Shoulder Titles , in etched brass
Perfect for your WW1 British Tommy figure. Every British unit wore a pierced brass Title on their shoulder straps , and this is my attampt to provide a selection in 1/6th

I announced the first set a while back : now that the new Did Albert Brown figure is here, I can announce the second set.
These have been prepared from photos of original brass titles , then photoetched with great skill by James Debnam of PPD Ltd .

Available direct from me only, at £2 the pair plus postage, which in the UK is 60pence ; a little more if you are elsewhere .
They are very tiny, and quite delicate , but I’m rather pleased with these since they are little facsimiles of the originals in the right material .

Second-set-of-STs.jpg
Shoulder-Titles-in-etched-b.jpg

Half of these will never sell, but I felt duty bound to try to provide a proper range to satisfy regional and national prejudices !
The addition of the “ T “superscriptions allows a much wider coverage of battalions both Regular and Territorial, though it can never be complete .
So the complete list of Units available is :

Infantry :

English Regts :~

Queens
Buffs
Northumberland Fusiliers
Royal Warwicks
Royal Fusiliers
King’s
Somerset Light Infantry
West Yorks
Lancashire Fusiliers
Glosters
East Lancashire
Duke of Wellingtons
Hampshire
South Staffords
Notts&Derby
Northamptons
KOYLI
Middlesex
KRRC
Manchesters
Durham Light Infantry

Scottish Regiments :~

Black Watch
Seaforths
Highland Light Infantry
Camerons
Gordons
Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders

Irish Regts :~

Royal Irish
Inniskillings
Royal Irish Rifles

Welsh Regts :~

Royal Welsh Fusiliers
Welsh
South Wales Borderers

Branches :~
Royal Field Artillery
Tank Corps
Machine Gun Corps
Army Service Corps

Attach with the lightest smear of glue .

For any of these things, email me at
tony@antheads.co.uk

Back