• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

One Sixth Fanatics 2007

Rolling Thunder Tech

Company Commander
Sold some figures on ebay and started a conversation with one of the buyers. He is from Henderson, NV, and I'm in Northern California. Asked him if he had gone to One Sixth Fanatics, where we, Rolling Thunder, had a table with the Tiger and Sdkfz-251 kits (The second iteration). He had brought his seven year old son there, so we had passed in the aisles.

Sure brought back a lot of great memories, like meeting Dave Dibbs, Mark Stannard, Cory, Tim, Steve, Armando and many others. There was a group photo taken on the front stairs to the hall, but don't recall getting a copy of it.

Seems like around that time, 2007, one sixth was at it's apex, and it was hard keeping up with all the manufactured, garage, and custom products that were available.

Exhibits included vehicles, both static and RC, a V-2 rocket, Zombie Alley and lots of new items coming to the market.

Sure do miss it all. Who else was at one sixth fanatics and what are the memories that stuck with you?

May the Fourth be with You,
Leonard

So his seven year old son is now 21... how time flies.
Of course I have great memories from the show, but the best are getting to meet all the wonderful one sixers in person.

Leonard, I know I have a copy of the group photo hanging around. I will post it.

The site for the show is still up and running. I keep renewing it (it isn't much) Haven't had the heart to let it go yet :!:
http://onesixthfanatics.com/

Glad to see that the site is still up. I had forgotten how many vendors showed up to the show and was the first time seeing many of them in person for me too.

Leonard

183499136_3809777292404521_7649539281306847144_n.jpg

Back