• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

OSF Intel and Pictures

I had an incredible time, took about 300 pic's, and wish I coulda taken more LOL So many things I didn't get to photograph. Still not home yet, sitting here in Newark NJ waiting for my connector flight, totally exausted, gonna sleep like a baby when I get home. This was my first big show of this nature, and I must say I was blown away, so much talent displayed, so many great people, so many goodies, what a great time. I only hope I can remember all the names and online handles of everyone I met. Many die hard 1/6thers from the boards who I've been hanging online with for so many years now, etailers, customizers, hobbiest, was great to place faces with the names, and everyone was so friendly, I only wish I had more time to spend with the people who make this hobby what it is. Between set up dioramas, auctions, contests, announcements, and trying my best to photo document the show, I more than had my hands full, so for those of you I didn't get to chat with I do appologize.

This was a special show to me, and I am proud to have been a part of it, I made many new friends from all around the world, which was quite mindblowing as there were people I met who traveled from the UK, Europe, Asia, and all over North America to attend the show, and although we didn't have the attendance we would have hoped for, It was a quality group of amazing people, truly a show for the hobbiest, put on by the hobbiest with lots to see and do. A huge thanks to Mike Stannard for giving us the oppratunity to make something like this happen, without him we wouldn't have been able to pull this off, he truly is a class act :!:

Well enough rambling for now, you guys don't want to listen to me carry on, you want pic's and updates of all the goodies at the show, between Sixth Vangaurd, German Billy, myself(and so many others) have we got some cool stuff to show everyone, so keep an eye out :mrgreen:

I echo Randy's comments 100%.

I have created a slideshow/album for the Zombie Town dio. Even with all the pictures I took I am amazed at all the bits I missed. I thought I had a good shot of the bride zombie behind the Cheerleader zombie but didn't get a one. Same with the broken jaw zombie, plus much more. Oh well.

Had a blast putting this together with Steve (panzerwerk) and Ron (Sgt Shultz II). There were so many little things we put into this and we still had a bunch of ideas that didn't get done in time. Also want to add it couldn't have been done without the setup help of Wayne (Sixty Driver), Dan (SkyCop127) and Einer (charlieranger) as well as those that pitched in when called on, thanks guys.

Really glad it was so well received.
Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

http://onesixthfanatics.com/albums/07zt/

Some of my personal favorite pictures are;

OSF07_ZT003.jpg

OSF07_ZT004aaa.jpg

OSF07_ZT004z.jpg

OSF07_ZT005m.jpg

OSF07_ZT037b.jpg

Beautiful pic's Reese, you guys did an amazing job on the dio, was truly a 1/6th spectacle to behold, I think one of the things that really blew me away was the inside detail of Andy's gun show....that and you guys used just about every zombie movie Cliché you could LOL :mrgreen:

It really was a great show, just a ton of 1/6 custom vehicles and parts for sale..Everyone I met was just great to talk with..I hope Mike does it again next year, if so I'l be there both days for sure...You got to get there next year folks! Mike thanks for the great show, had a blast!!!
Sorry guys I didn't take pics!

Just wondering if Newline was showing unmodified U.S. M43 uniforms at OSF? I seem to recall there being some mention of these in the works. Guess I could buy the modified ones and just remove the pockets (but I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good modified set). Just curious if there is any info on this.

Trevor

I too am recovering from the trip to Vegas and back - 28hr drive straight through and a 32hr drive straight back again. Looking forward to knowing which way is up again.

It was well worth the effort. Ditto to what has been already said, with jam on. A'coming together' of the most incredible talent in this hobby was an incredible event, and the support of the dealers and the contributors of the show exclusives made this a powerful event. I can't say enough to show appreciation to Mike Stannard and everyone who contributed to make this happen. I could do that every week!

Applause too to those who made the trip to experience it. Those who came from overseas, and those who made their way from all parts of the country, some with families in tow. I'm sure for them also it was well worth the effort.

I spent most of the time catching up with old freinds and making new ones, that is something that can only be enjoyed by attending shows like this, and for me is an important part of the hobby, spending time with like minded folk who share a common interest.

I met several SAG members, but didn't manage to catch anyone at the SAG booth, on the rare occasion that I passed by the booth, it was 'un-maned - I'm sure the guy's were off absorbing the treasures surrounding them!

To answer Trevor's question, I didn't receive the un-modified version of the M43's, but they should be here soon, and I'll get them on the site and out to dealers as soon as I have them in hand. I did have both versions of M42's, modified and un-modified, both doing very well, the small supply of modified I had on hand got snapped up! These will be available as soon as the main shipment arrives, along with the Civilian work suite and Butcher boy/News boy cap which has been very well received.

The show was a rare treat, thouroughly enjoyed by all I am sure, I sincerely hope that will see another.

Graham

Thanks for the update Graham! I can't wait for these to hit the etailers. Going to snag me a bunch of those new sets. I hope all the new goodies people were showcasing do well. Wish I could have been there. :(

Trevor

Back