• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Painting and Related materials

Trilla

Rifleman
What kinds of paints do you guys use I got a couple 21st schwimms a AH250 and a Panzer 2 that are going to need paint and detailing and all of that im relatively new to the paint world
Do you use Air brush or regular brush?
What do you use to fill in holes what brand or type of spot putty?
Anything useful information or tips would help as well

Thanks!!

I like Testors enamels thru a airbrush.

Auto body putty from Walmart for the small holes and Eves Apoxy sculpt for the larger ones. Sand and finish to tastes.

Have fun and looking forward to seeing your work.

Jeff (Geppetto):!:

I like Testors enamels thru a airbrush.

Auto body putty from Walmart for the small holes and Eves Apoxy sculpt for the larger ones. Sand and finish to tastes.

Have fun and looking forward to seeing your work.

What would you use to paint heads an airbrush for the base? I dont have one and have a head that needs painting. Thank you! Sorry a bit off topic

as far as paints go-I use Vallejo paint and pigments, some Tamiya and AK(airbrush only),use an airbrush or brush depending on the job. sometimes I use an old fashioned "rattle can" of testors spray paint. always use aves epoxy to fill holes etc.
jg62464

When I paint head sculpts I have two colors of flesh ready to shoot thru an airbrush. A darker tone that I shoot from the underside (Chest up) and a lighter tone that I shoot head down. The goal is to give me some deep base to work from. I paint the eye lids and lips the darker tone and eyes with a white and series of colors. The rest is done with chalks (Pastel) that I brush on for darker undertones and such. I make sure that I get the ears and nose with a black/brown tone to create depth. I spray everything down with dull coat from a rattle can and than a coat of acrylic dull to create a layer between the plastic helmets/caps that I use. I also use clear coat on the eyes and lips as well. I know that there are some really good videos on U tube about this subject that have helped me out. The airbrush is really only to lay a good clean base so.......... whatever you are comfortable in doing should work. Good luck and post some photos when you are done.

I use the testors enamels and acrylics on head sculpts, along with pastel powders.

Cya
Hankster

acrylics w/ slow drying medium ( for fine detail which might take longer). enamels are a tad unforgiving if you make mistakes and a chore to clean up plus toxic for long sessions imho.

EDIT: i'm a bonehead!! shouldda read carefully...my paint tech is for figures and heads. sorry bout that ha!

namaste
Miguel

Last edited:
Back