• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Panzer LEHR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusilier1944

Company Commander
I did a similar figure years ago. It was very last minute for an MDFC thing and the figure was quickly broken down afterwards. I based mine off the Ron Volstad art. I'm not a fan of Mr. Andrew's stuff as he tends to have very large noses. It's just displeasing to look at and is very distracting! Here's my figure:
100_8321B.jpg

and the inspiration:
6111-1.jpg

nice figure Carey...
of course, that great Ron Volstad artwork was inspired from a group of photos of a squad of PL troopers moving up to position themselves to launch a counterattack against the British forces moving in from the beaches after D-day...:

panzer40.jpg

panzer39.jpg

I'm building a group based on this squad...so far I have 7, including the guy in the greatcoat...finally got a group of 'L' cyphers from Nomad ( THEY'RE EXCELLENT)-but I've yet to apply them to my officer's shoulderboards...still trying to figure a way to make the 'cloth' versions.
Here's a pic of a group of mine...:

Picture001.jpg

I've searched numerous sites and books to find pics of Panzer Lehr panzergrenadiers in action in normandy...not too many exist...I was curious about the prevalence of the 'sturmartillerie' panzerwraps and their use (whether they were used as extensively as a lot of folk seem to accept within this division...)
The guys in the pics that inspired the artwork 'may' be a recon group, or they may be members of PG 901...
here's another pic of the group in a SPW:

PanzerGren_-_PzLehr.jpg

The only reason I ask...is that I'm not sure that this particular uniform was a 'division'-wide item...even in the two grenadier units-901 and 902...
yet, it seems that all the artwork representing them choose to depict this uniform...here's Ramiro Bujeiro's depiction in Osprey's "German Army Elite Units 1939-45":

pz_lehr.jpg

Here's another pic of a Lehr trooper in front of an SPW in Normandy...his 'L' cyphers are clearly visible on the shoulderboards...but it's difiicult for me to ascertain which uniform he's wearing...seems like a regular Heer tunic (or HBT tunic), and not the Heer wrap...

Panzerlehr01.jpg

For mine, I REALLY like the DiD 'Peter Griem' wrap, for it's texture and general fit...however the only trousers that match color for color and texture for texture are the DiD 'Karl Stroop' versions (DiD's 'Becker' version was way off-colorwise)...so it's been a pain to acquire all the matching sets...I 'tighten' the center button closure to give the front flap that 'Heer' slant...and I'm going to add the button holes to the lapels to really accurize them.
The NLM set looks really good, but I haven't used them because I'm not a fan of the pre-applied insignia and collar litzen...almost impossible to remove without leaving, at least, a little trace...
I ditched my 'Viktor' versions long ago...although I lost the theatre/campaign ribbon...
Bruce

It kills me that DID's Peter Griem has such a great tunic in that nice wool type material yet they did not give him the matching trousers!!! UG!

And no one has made a splinter helmet cover that actual fits and looks right

Even though there seems to be more German figures made than any other subject we still can't get certain thing made right all these years later. :shock:

wow...nice pics
Bruce i'm working on a custom of DML's "Viktor".....it's a redux.
if you don't mind i'm gonna use those pics as reference for my post later this month. :)

Miguel t--

I am a little confused here. On the main ground pounders page it say the author is Skytrain74 but when I opened the post it says fusilier1944 is the author and there is no post by Skytrain. Is there something messed up with the group? Did the original post get deleted?

I found that strange as well when I went to Skytrain74's profile and clicked on his posts there are none......... Did he leave and delete his posts?

... Did the original post get deleted?

Unfortunately, yes. Pictures were gone as is the Skytrain74.

Rather than remove Bruce's fine additions, just the original post was removed.

pzrwest";p="131957 said:
I found that strange as well when I went to Skytrain74's profile and clicked on his posts there are none......... Did he leave and delete his posts?

You know, I was wondering about that too. I had seen the original post and noticed that under his avatar it said something like "one" or "two warnings". And then he was gone. I'd never seen that warning stuff before. I guess Andy, and his alter egos, got themselves in trouble on this board too. It's a shame. What he lacks in tact, he makes up with enthusiasm.

Geno. :neutral:

I dont think its is enthusiasm to make endless posts with halfdone figures - lacking the most basic research and knowlegde.

And I think it says something that a person gets himself expelled from not one, but 2 forums in the course of 2 months - and then try to pose as his own brother - but are so bad at it, that everybody knows.

While I tell myself to let it go and not care - it really ruins my joy at the "other forum" to everyday be treated with his irrelevant posts in almost every tread, his borderline rude remarks, constant editing of own posts, halfdone incorrect figures - etc.

SO I can only praise the mods here for sending him on his way -

Henrik

As a further sidenote - Oberst74/SKytrain74/Skytrain66 was banned at the "other boeard" yesterday - third ban in 2 months.

Now we just have to wait for him to show up here psoing as the third and different brother....

Henrik

We now interrupt the broadcast with this important message:

Alrighty gents, I think the content behind this original thread and the individual who started it has been well covered. On both boards.
I really do appreciate the communities concern for our little neighborhood, but it is starting to become a post event witch hunt me thinks. If the said individual shows up again, the issue will be dealt with accordingly.

Now back to your regulary scheduled programing.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back