• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

PIR Officer kit loadout help needed please.

AUSTEYR

Marksman
Gday all,
I am researching an AB Officer and what he may wear prior to an op and this is what I have come up with. If anyone has anything to add or can help me on the accuracy of the loadout please let me know. I have an upcoming comp I'd like to enter and need all the info I can get.

2LT Officer, Easy Company, 101st AB
'pink' wool gaberdine officer's garrison cap bearing the blue Parachute Infantry Insignia (light blue) with gold and black piping. (infantry patch on the right and 2LT bar on the left as researched. Earlier it's said the bar was worn on top of the patch but later changed)
M43 Rigger modified jacket and trousers
analogue wrist watch on left wrist
Liquid filled compass on right wrist
Corcoran jump boots
Binoculars, M3. 6x30 and M17 carrying case
M1 Garand
M-1938 Canvas Dispatch bag
Colt .45 in M1916 holster
Expendable cotton 6 mag bandoleer
M3 trench knife with M6 scabbard
first aid pouch
M1910 canteen cover and canteen
M1936 Canvas bag (mussette)
Shortened M1910 entrenching shovel (shortened)
Hawkins Mk3 Anti Tank mine

The other question I do have is would an officer carry a dispatch bag or would one of the lower ranks be carrying it? Was it personal preference to carry the bag or have a folded map tucked inside the M43 jacket for quick use?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Austeyr.

Back