• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Question for Brit para experts

pomz99

Company Commander
Are there any pics of setting up the leg bag and the rifle valise for a drop -
where does one attach the length of cord?
I've read somewhere that the paras would hold on to the valise as he exited the plane and then manually release the extension rope from the rifle bag once the chute was deployed. As for the leg bag, they would place the bag on their right foot while holding it upright with their right hand, at the moment to jump, they had to swing the right leg/bag out the door and push off with their left hand - then releasing the extension rope when the chute has deployed.
Hope someone can clarify the use of the extension rope.

thanks

:D

The kit bag attached to the lower leg by means of a quick release binding , it had a cutaway for the foot in some models. The rope was attached to the parachute harness and when the canopy opened the para released the kit bag and lowered it on the rope before making his landing.
If you can , check out either the "D-Day Paratroopers,Britain etc" or "The British Soldier" Vol1 by Histoires & Collectiones for some good clear pics.

Back