• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Question for Ron re Box Art Field Stove

Michigan Dawg

Marksman
Ron, your box art for the 1:6 DAK Kubelwagen kit shows a field stove being employed by a couple of soldat. The stove appears larger than the Esbit model and I guess I'm not familiar with it.

Can you elaborate on it any?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well I found the information I was looking for...

The stove is a British No. 2 Cooker, Petrol. It must have been introduced later in the war, however, as several folks pointed out that it was not likely available to DAK troops in spite of what the box art suggests.

Anyway, it was fun trying to determine its origins.

Sorry for not checking in sooner. You folks seem to be able to answer most of your questions without my input.

I had a look at my reasoning in regards to the artwork in question and indeed found a number of photos showing the No.2 Cooker in use in North Africa in 1942. one particular shot has this item in the use of DAK troops, thus my inclusion of this item in the artwork. Regrettably, I didn't have quite enough info at the time to depict it with the fuel tank in its correct exterior position.

The Kubelwagen art is actually a Dragon art dept. effort of combining an earlier 1/35 scale figure box art (that predates my internet days) with another Kubelwagen artwork.

If anyone wants to see the period pics, contact me at rvolstad@telusplanet.net and perhaps you can post them here for all to see.

Cheers,
Ron V

Back