• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Question/observations on Drangon US 37 at gun

Squidley

Company Commander
I got the gun and fig for my b-day a bit ago, and got around to playing with it last weekend.

Gotta say it was on the weak side -

No web belt to hang the canteen, e-tool and first aid pouch from. Suppose they could be hung from the cartrige belt, but the grommets seem to be to widely spaced to accomplish that.
Helmet straps both fell off the helmet - Re-glued to fix
Stuck zipper on the jacket - Carefully worked free, with a bit of swearing

I think that dragon should be able to do a lot better, if they were interested. Or, perhaps I'm just in a cranky mood today.....

One open item - there's an interesting "t" shaped piece that I don't know what to do with. Looks like it must be a handle for something, but I don't know what. Don't see it mentioned in the "instructions" on the box. Any assistance would be appriciated.

Now I'm off to an e-tailer to order a proper web belt for the chap to hang his do-dads from.....

I got the gun and fig for my b-day a bit ago, and got around to playing with it last weekend.

Gotta say it was on the weak side -

No web belt to hang the canteen, e-tool and first aid pouch from. Suppose they could be hung from the cartrige belt, but the grommets seem to be to widely spaced to accomplish that.
Helmet straps both fell off the helmet - Re-glued to fix
Stuck zipper on the jacket - Carefully worked free, with a bit of swearing

I think that dragon should be able to do a lot better, if they were interested. Or, perhaps I'm just in a cranky mood today.....

One open item - there's an interesting "t" shaped piece that I don't know what to do with. Looks like it must be a handle for something, but I don't know what. Don't see it mentioned in the "instructions" on the box. Any assistance would be appriciated.

Now I'm off to an e-tailer to order a proper web belt for the chap to hang his do-dads from.....

Welcome to the New Dragon line! LOL IMHO everything DML is selling these days is light on gear, poor quality and overpriced this is aside from other DML issues I do not buy boxed DML stuff. I do plan on getting the 37mm and Jeep kits within the next week or so it is actually something I have been waiting for. Be prepared the Chinese currency is going up do not be surprised all the figures go up soon!

I have bought several US uni parts lately from Steve Hartman, Ben Harris and one other US figure that has the same jacket as Hartman and all have issues the zipper sucks it has to go the over sized plastic snaps are larger and worse than the Hasbro ones last the tailoring is sup par for sure. I am stuck ordering these because there are none available out there. I am going to have to spend several hours fixing all the problems. Truthfully i would have preferred Velcro it's easier to remove and replace with snaps than those crappy zippers. The jackets do not look right when you have a shirt under them. If they were a shade larger they would be a better fit with a shirt under them forget using a T shirt and a shirt I couldn't even get the zipper to start. The worse part is you can only display these DML jackets closed unless you remove the zipper and move the buttons to the right side!

Welcome to the New Dragon line! LOL IMHO everything DML is selling these days is light on gear, poor quality and overpriced this is aside from other DML issues I do not buy boxed DML stuff. I do plan on getting the 37mm and Jeep kits within the next week or so it is actually something I have been waiting for. Be prepared the Chinese currency is going up do not be surprised all the figures go up soon!

I have bought several US uni parts lately from Steve Hartman, Ben Harris and one other US figure that has the same jacket as Hartman and all have issues the zipper sucks it has to go the over sized plastic snaps are larger and worse than the Hasbro ones last the tailoring is sup par for sure. I am stuck ordering these because there are none available out there. I am going to have to spend several hours fixing all the problems. Truthfully i would have preferred Velcro it's easier to remove and replace with snaps than those crappy zippers. The jackets do not look right when you have a shirt under them. If they were a shade larger they would be a better fit with a shirt under them forget using a T shirt and a shirt I couldn't even get the zipper to start. The worse part is you can only display these DML jackets closed unless you remove the zipper and move the buttons to the right side!

Once I got the zipper working, I like it....except i don't understand why it's on a jacket that has buttons. Unlike the jackets you describe, there are no snaps, so the "buttoned down" part potentially hangs open and shows the zipper. Weird.

When you do get the kit for the gun perhaps you can help me figure out what the "T" thingy is.....

Once I got the zipper working, I like it....except i don't understand why it's on a jacket that has buttons. Unlike the jackets you describe, there are no snaps, so the "buttoned down" part potentially hangs open and shows the zipper. Weird.

When you do get the kit for the gun perhaps you can help me figure out what the "T" thingy is.....

The Mi941 field jacket had a talon zipper with a button fly up the front... U could remove the buttons and sew them to the other side (but then u'd have to add the button holes...;-)...)...

The Mi941 field jacket had a talon zipper with a button fly up the front... U could remove the buttons and sew them to the other side (but then u'd have to add the button holes...;-)...)...

I know the real M1941 did have a Zipper but the one on the DML jackets are way too big they just do not look right and are too bulky, they make the flap pop up or keep it raised with the buttons so it looks wrong. I have a couple Bbi figures with zippers that are closer to scale that would work better but I can't find any Zippers that small for sale anywhere. I tried several way to keep the flap down with out using glue or double sided seam tape but it. As far as the buttons go I could remove them and sew them on the correct side but then if I did want to display it buttoned they would have to have button holes. Someone did a uni or two with real working buttons I think it might have been DiD. I need to look thru my unis and see if I have one loose. It's a pain buttoning it up but it the best when done.

Anyone know a way to make working buttons and button holes? it looks like it might be the only way to go to get the jacket to sit correctly on the figures with out using some type of tape or Fabritac.

I missed typing in the snaps are on the pants not the jackets!

I know the real M1941 did have a Zipper but the one on the DML jackets are way too big they just do not look right and are too bulky, they make the flap pop up or keep it raised with the buttons so it looks wrong. I have a couple Bbi figures with zippers that are closer to scale that would work better but I can't find any Zippers that small for sale anywhere. I tried several way to keep the flap down with out using glue or double sided seam tape but it. As far as the buttons go I could remove them and sew them on the correct side but then if I did want to display it buttoned they would have to have button holes. Someone did a uni or two with real working buttons I think it might have been DiD. I need to look thru my unis and see if I have one loose. It's a pain buttoning it up but it the best when done.

Anyone know a way to make working buttons and button holes? it looks like it might be the only way to go to get the jacket to sit correctly on the figures with out using some type of tape or Fabritac.

I missed typing in the snaps are on the pants not the jackets!

I am sure they do it by machine where his stuff is made in China. I have seen sewing machines that are capable of probably making small button holes they also can be paired with a computer to embroider. They easily could make 1/6th scale patches. I explained to the woman demonstrating the machine what I would want it to do and she made some small samples unfortunately she had no military stuff she made some stuff she had in her programming she just scaled it down. The stuff looked great actually better than most stuff out there now for sale. The only problem is the machine runs around five grand!

I am sure they do it by machine where his stuff is made in China. I have seen sewing machines that are capable of probably making small button holes they also can be paired with a computer to embroider. They easily could make 1/6th scale patches. I explained to the woman demonstrating the machine what I would want it to do and she made some small samples unfortunately she had no military stuff she made some stuff she had in her programming she just scaled it down. The stuff looked great actually better than most stuff out there now for sale. The only problem is the machine runs around five grand!

Back