• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

RC Kettenkrad conversion

paydan

Marksman
Hello everyone. My name is Paydan and I am new to the group. I have been fascinated with all of the great things that I have seen from the members of this group. I recently came accross a post that Mule did with converting his 1/6th scale 21st century kettenkrad and I had to try it for myself. Here is a short video of what I have done so far. I have just purchased an AH250 and can't wait to tear into it. Thanks for all of the inspiration.

Cheers,
Paydan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmsUF4GRv1c

Welcome and Excellent! Great first post. I started on a 21st and then not long after DiD relesed the news they were doing one that could be R/C'd so I put it aside. I guess I'll be resurecting that project in the near future.

What did you use to make the Kett run? Can you post some pics of the works?

John

Great job paydan!! looks great...just put most of my 1/6th R/C stuff up for sale in the crap game forum and what does not sell will go to ebay, let me know if you want pictures of the ah-250..............mule

Wow! Excellent job!! I am very impressed that you were able to get the front wheel to function, instead of cheating and using the tracks.

Hey thanks for the welcome everyone.

Mule-Any pictures that you have would be greatly appreciated. I have seen a few of your conversion in later posts and they are excellent.

As for how I did it. I pretty much followed Mule's design with the only exception of the front steering being powered by a micro servo. I used a regular sized servo and just used a flexable pushrod system to hide it in the tranny case. The tracks are powered by two beetle weight geared motors from the robot marketplace and a pair of their hubs to attatch them to the drive spockets. I will try to post some pictures of the inner workings if I can ever figure out how to add them to the postings. Thanks again everyone. I look forward to future ventures and all of your great ideas.

Cheers,
Paydan

Just thought that I would post another video of my kett in action. I have been working on it and had to tweak a few minor problems. I had a track that was a little out of line and it kept throwing on any terrain other than flat. I also had to tighten the tracks a bit to give it a little more traction. I think that it did the trick. What do you think? Thanks again everyone for all of the inspiration.

Cheers,
Paydan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEyL7g2s4hU

Payden that is awesome. A Kett, jeep, Kubelwagen, Motorcycle and sidecar as an R/C vehicle is somthing I would buy in a heartbeat from one of the big boys, as they are size that is much more managable in most households and price ranges.

Very inspirational thanks for posting

Hey thanks Major. I know what you mean. I wish that I could buy them off of the shelf and just customize them, but I guess I can't complain. I am having fun converting them myself. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Paydan

Hey Paydan,

Fantastic job :wink: . Your Kett really runs smooth and I think the figure turning his head when steering is a great touch. You just need to get a better action figure sculpt IMHO.

Well done :!: :!:

Antony

Hey thanks Anthony. I was just down in my shop the other day and grabbed my dremel and the first figure that I could find. I had planned on re-doing the whole thing for a better appearance but now that the AH M3 is up for pre-order, I might just sell my whole lot to get one of those.

Thanks Tim. Converting the bike was a real bugger. I didn't think of how hard it was going to be or I probably wouldn't have even attempted it. Now that it works I am thinking of adding smoke, sound and lights to it. I will keep everyone posted.

Cheers,
Paydan

Back