• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

RC RSO

tankfan0720

Tanker
Hello SAG
A few pix of my 1/6 RSO project. This has been a long time in the works - finally getting realized with the help of 3D printing.

Some photos of hull. Printed in PLA + in 3 sections. Glued together then reinforced by 4X 5mm carbon rods through all 3 hull pieces. Frame rails along top edge are aluminum. Wheels and sprocket are printed Nylon. Sprocket chain ring are machined aluminum. Tracks are PLA+ or ABS resin. Motors are 12V 260 rpm with 3:4 reduction so approximately 180rmpm. Gearbox is mostly printed, but has brass, steel gears and 8mm hex drive shaft.

The plan is to print all the load bed in PLA+.

hope to do drive test before winter.

w-load-bed3.jpg

Overall2.jpg

hull1.jpg

hull2.jpg

hull3.jpg

hull-bottom.jpg

hull-w-wheels-tracks.jpg

hull-w-wheels-tracks2.jpg

hull-w-wheels-tracks3.jpg

bobmotors1.jpg

bobmotors2.jpg

Thanks for looking. Till next time.
Bob

Vaya, tiene una pinta impresionante.... Cuando construí el mío también imprimí algunas piezas con mi máquina 3D.... ¡¡¡Pero todo!!!!, tiene una pinta increíblemente buena.
Estoy asombrada, gran trabajo de modelaje. Felicitaciones, vas a tener un hermoso vehículo.

Y encima ese radio control.... ¡¡¡Que envidia!!!

Por cierto.... Me muero por ver impresa esa cabaña.... ¡¡Quién podría hincarle el diente a ese archivo???!! 😍😁

Ostfront - thanks for compliment!

PP: Yes the cab will be a challenge. I will probably resin print it and most likely in at least 2 pieces and glue together. The floor of cab is separate and most likely will be printed in 2 pieces too. The doors will open/close and be separate parts. The load bed will be multiple parts glued together. So far its coming together well. Thank you for your comments! Adios!

Thanks all for the kind feedback. Another update hopefully soon!

I've always liked the RSO - a <small> truck with tracks. How could you not love that?
B

Looking very good,I too have always loved these little tracked trucks, there is something quirky about them!
Where did you get all the specs at? It's amazing what people are doing with these 3-D printers, if I was more computer literate I'd think about getting one! Keep up the great work!

47lincsled I did the 1/6 CAD model from a 1/35 scale Dragon model and the Nuts-n-bolts book. I'm and engineer so the CAD comes semi-naturally- even so the cab was a challenge to 3D model and print. Good learning project.

Thank you all for the kind feedback, comments and questions.
Bob

I reverse engineered a 57MM AT gun from a 1/35 scale kit, only I went all the way to full scale, but I'm a mechanic and welder so this was much easier then trying to work with computers for me!

Leonard - thanks for compliments, the current motors are these;

I'm not convinced these will hold up long term as they use a brass worm gear. But for now they are cheap, compact and work ok. They are little underpowered as well, but the real RSO was a bit wimpy in that regard. I'm currently investigating different motor options.
Bob

Back