• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Semi Scratchbuilt US Helmet WIP(LOP)

pzrwest

Brigade Commander
A fellow 1/6er, Portico, gave me a Hasbro Airborne figure, and I thought I would start to work improveing the figure. To start off I thought I would start off with improveing the Hasbro Helmet. First I removed the raised inerior chin strap bosses, and sand the interio smooth. I didn't have any paste floor wax to act as a mold release to prevent the epoxy from sticking to the interior but though.. I have some Sno-Seal which has a bees wax base so used that instead. The following pics and headings show the progress so far. I'm pleased with the results and the interior webbing and suspensions will hide and roughness in the interior of the liner. Here are the pics, more to follow as the work progresses
Hasbro helmet exterior
US-Helmet02.jpg

Here is the interior with the strap bosses removed and a good coat of SnowSeal
US-Helmet01.jpg

Helmet interior with the 1st coat of 5 minute epoxy
US-Helmet03.jpg

interior with second coat of epoxy and strips of Photofabric applied
US-Helmet04.jpg

exterior of epoxy liner removed and trimmed
US-Helmet05.jpg

Trimmed liner test fitted
US-Helmet06.jpg