• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjager-Regiment 18?

B Hellqvist

Company Commander
Does anyone know anything about this formation? I've found a couple of websites with histories, OOB's and a few pics, plus the fact that they wore the Heer GJ patch on the lower left sleeve, but are there any good pics of soldiers from this unit?

Grüß Gott Gebirglers,

I don't know a whole lot about the Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 18, but they started as regular Ordungpolizei. In 1943 they were absorbed into the SS, but did not wear any SS insignia. The French magazine ARMES MILITARIA has several issues (No.'s 171, 173, 176, 182 ) that deal with uniforms and equipment of this unit. I'll scan what I have and post this weekend.

Gebirgs-Polizei vor!

Servus Gebirglers,

Here are a couple of books that deal with the subject of Hitler's Green Army:

Hitler's Green Army

And here are some scans from the French magazine ARMES MILITARIA NO. 173.

gebirgspolizei01cl7.jpg

gebirgspolizei02pw4.jpg

gebirgspolizei03ym3.jpg

gebirgspolizei04am8.jpg

gebirgspolizei05so5.jpg

gebirgspolizei06bf1.jpg

gebirgspolizei07go1.jpg

Gebirgs-Polizei vor!

Thanks a ton, Patrick! Those scans are really helpful! It seems like the uniform is of a decidedly bluish hue, as contrasted to the bluish-green colour of the Polizei uniforms. Seems like I'll have to dye an ordinary Feldgrau uni, unless there's evidence that they wore FG, like that greatcoat.

B Hellqvist";p="74175 said:
It seems like the uniform is of a decidedly bluish hue, as contrasted to the bluish-green colour of the Polizei uniforms.

Anyone know anything about the hues?

I've got the Militaria N°176 about this unit (3rd part) in the Balkans from august4 3 to september 44. If you want i can e-mail it to you.

That would be very kind! Altough I can't read French, I guess the photos tell a lot, and I can always try to get the gist out of the captions.

Robocline...just noticed no one mentioned the guy with his back to the camera. His helmet is the NSKK crash helmet, his weatherproof overall is
standard to that organistion for "Bikers".

Back