• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Steel Dragons

I have always received everything I ordered, mostly small things.
One question is has anyone done the bank wire option?
All of his bank info is listed file a complaint with the bank or the feds. I think this falls under federal wire fraud statutes.
In case it goes away:
Bank Wachovia Bank USA
Jacksonville, Fl
ABA # 063000021
Swift Code PNBPUS33
For Credit to Steel Dragons AFV
Account # 2000032073320

This info is from there website ordering info page so I don't think I am violating privacy rules.
Mods if you fee it is to invasive please remove and store for future reference.

Wire Fraud as posted on WIPKIEDIA - In the United States, mail and wire fraud is any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime since 1872

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both

But who do you need to talk to about filing a case?

Last edited:
To file a small claims case against him, it would have to be filed in florida where the buisness is located.

That should be something the FBI would deal with it as wire and internet fruad is across state borbers, i know many memebers here have hundreds and thousands of dolars in steel dragon. i would not hesitate to do what ever is necesarry to bring this dude down. i honestly hope he ends up in jail. it really makes me mad that fellow collectors in this hobby could do
this to others

Andy

Steel dragons order status page is now only showing 1 persons name and that his order has been shipped as of 02/02/12. has everyone but me gotten their refund or items they ordered?

No, they still owe me more than $200! I sent mails more than two dozen times in vain (no response whatsoever), and nothing else I can do about it. Especially, when you're outside the States.

I do owe some money to, about 45 dollars, the rest from my order is shipped. I consider this lost money.

Re: I Thought I Was Done With This "Warning"

All Members of SAG

I am sure you are all aware of the problems I have had with Steel Dragons selling recasts of my original parts. Some time in 2011 when Steel Dragons posted on their site that they were ceasing taking orders for accessories and closed all their accessory pages I thought this was over. However sometime in January 2012 they reopened their accessory pages and continue advertising the sale of my parts. Here is the total of parts listed under each section.

Tiger. Updated Jan 15, 2012. 49 of my parts listed.
King Tiger. Updated Jan 15, 2012. 19 of my parts listed
Panther. Updated Feb 8, 2011. 8 of my parts listed
Panzer IV. Updated Mar 17, 2011. 29 of my parts listed
Stug III . Updated Dec 18, 2010. 9 of my parts listed
Half Tracks . Updated Dec 19, 2010. 25 of my parts listed
Accessories . Updated Oct 4, 2010. 12 of my parts listed
SDAH51 Trailer. Updated Feb 16, 2011 1 of my parts listed.

If you order any of these parts from Steel Dragons here are the possibilities of what you "might" received.

1. My original parts as they may still have some in stock. My last deliver to Steel Dragons was 4/8/10, before I ceased business with them.

2. Recasts of my parts, made using my original cast parts. This is illegal and fraudulent as they are using pictures of my original parts in most cases, plus my original part numbers.

3. Parts made by Steel Dragons in which in most cases they are using pictures of my original parts and part numbers to sell them. This is highly illegal and deemed as fraud in the eyes of the law. Some parts listed have never been supplied to Steel Dragons, so I know they do not have them to sell.

You should also note that they are offering parts of at least two other part makers of which both ceased business with Steel Dragons some time in mid 2011.

Do business with this company at you own risk. I offer a full service and guarantee for my original parts, any parts purchased from Steel Dragons will not receive any service or guarantee.

I estimate that the about 80% of the accessory parts they are offering are made by other manufactures, at least three of which have ceased business with Steel Dragons and account for around 70% of their products offered. Steel Dragons continue to offer these parts using pictures and part numbers of the original manufacture.

Keep your money safe, buy only from the original manufacturers.

Mike Stannard
6th Scale Icons Inc.

Re: I Thought I Was Done With This "Warning"

I just tried to access "STEEL DRAGONS" Website and my virus checker told me not to go there. It had discovered 2 tracking spyware apps.

I tried to add something to my cart on a steel dragons page and this is the message I got from paypal

Steel Dragons AFV LLC

Return to Steel Dragons AFV LLC

Error Message

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

Return to Steel Dragons AFV LLC

logo_paypal_lockup_97x21.gif

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Steel Dragons AFV LLC and try another option.

It might have been so many complaining about him that they have done something to his account.

Last edited:

I sent a registered letter with return receipt, and in the signatureblock where the person’s name is suppose to go they just printed “steel dragons”.I don’t care if I get the money back or if I get the items I ordered from him.$2000.00 + is a bit more than I care to donate so someone’s bank account andnot have anything to show for it. I have sent emails, I have called during thre posted hours of operation so now I will see if this letter gets me a responce. If not then I will try something else, if that fails,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi Guys

I feel for anyone that has been taken by this person, I am one of you as he, as I am sure you all know, has been recasting my parts and offering them for sale. There is a way to get payback for those that have sent him money and receive no products or refunds. Basically he is committing Internet fraud which is investigated by the FBI. He is offering products on his web site, taking payments for them , not delivering or giving refunds. This topic was started a year ago and he is still doing business. He needs to be shut down.

Now to sue him would be to costly for the individual and even a class action law suit would be hard to do as their appears to be to few involved, this is what I am sure he is banking on, hence no communication. no products and no refunds.

There is a way to file a complaint against any company that is offering products by mail and on the Internet. It is affiliated with the FBI, once a complaint is filed it is investigated and the appropriate law enforcement agencies are inform for further investigation.

Here is the link to file a complaint.

http://www.ic3.gov

I feel that the more people that file a complaint the stronger the case will be, especially if the money amounts are high. If you live outside the US, you can still file a complaint with IC3.gov.

Please read my new post in this forum on Steel Dragons recasting my products.

Mike

Back