• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

STUPIDTOY99 reply to my kid.

ottoramsaig

Marksman
Simply made a comment on e-bay about the shipping of my M3/5 Osprey book, bottom line was that it was recieved in good condition but maybe the seller should concider a quicker shipment method, this is his reply:

Dear ottoramsaig,
>
> book was described as like new,not new.Med
ia mail is the least
> e
> xpensive
> way to ship-but is slow.Welcome to my blocked bidders list-you
> axxhole!!!
> -stupidtoy99

Nice Huh?

It looks like sellers have all the power in e-bay it seems to me these days. One of the many reasons I will not bid on e-bay any more.

Plus you most likely over-paid for the shipping.

Have you left feedback for him yet? If not, I would go ahead and let him have it. Ebay's new rule is that sellers can't post negative feedback for buyers. Too many were retaliating against perfectly justified complaints from buyers.

BTW, it sounds like he's well-named. Stupidtoys alright!

K.

This was started by the feedback I left him. I gave him 4 stars for product but simply said that I had to wait for the shippment to arrive. My goal was to give him feedback and perhaps have him look for a better shipper. I am no tout to blast anyone but my kid was upset.

complaint

If you received your goods by mail file a complaint with the post office, (better business in his home town) and contact consumers affairs, you should have his address on the package you received....Hammer

It seems to me that ebay has outlived its usefulness as an inexpensive source of items. I can buy almost anything from an e-tailer like Monkey Depot and get it cheaper than on ebay, after you figure in the exorbitant shipping that seems to be the norm these days.

I agree some do charge crazy shipping charges. I found a brit entrenching tool pouch on ebay for like 2 bucks but they wanted 8 bucks shipping and since I need 2 of them that would mean 16 bucks for shipping that's crazy. Even if they used a padded envelope shouldn't be that much. Yet another ebayer I deal with his shipping is very low so not all on there are out to skin you but alot are

Pzrw- if you're still looking for those shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you a couple (gratis).

(Sorry for veering off topic).

Don't do ebay. Have a friend that is very good with ebay. He has told me he will add a litle to the shipping to cover a lower priced item. Seems stupid to me. They get you on the "handeling" fee.

eBay...Yeah it is so bad now. What gets me is what someone else said, that you can buy something that will cost about a buck to ship BUT yet they charge like 5-6 bucks AND they ship it 1st class. Now the wonder of it all is that when they ship it you cannot tell how much it costs because they print out the shipping label from Paypal and unless you take the trouble to punch in the numbers and weight you will never know how much it actually costs....Handling fee? What handling fee? They say that they chareg for th ecost of gas, supplies etc. Mostof my stuff comes with reused boxes. Gas is like 2.35 a gallon. What are they driving, a Humvee?

Yeah I use eBay but most of my goodies I get from China, where believe it or not, they actually ship faster and a bit cheaper.....US sellers ned to really look at what they are charging....

Back