• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

TaoWan 2.5 ton Trucks

Redleg007

Machine Gunner
Although modern armor is not my thing, that Stryker ICV sure is cool! Glad to see they are still planning on cranking out vehicles.

Thanks for sharing
best regards
Tim

They would be smart to release the duece and half before the 5 ton and stryker. the 5 ton is almost usless to anyones collection as the army got the LMTV in the late 90's so modern collectors wouldnt be so hot for one. The 5 ton might fit into vietnam but im not sure. the stryker looks cool but again there are not as many modern collectors as world war II. i think the duece would sell very well as it would compliment the new sherman and lets face it there are way more german vehicles in the hobby but in reall life the allies had way more mechinization. i would probaly be down for a duece but il be down range by the time it comes out.

Very nice looking vehicles! That stryker looks awesome! At least there is 1 wwII vehicle in the bunch. I forget who it was who made one of the duece and a half years ago but its good to see it again. Good to see Toawan continuing to put out vehicles.

Sorry that is not a 5 ton it is a m35 series probaly a m35a2, 5 tons are heavier and have 10 lug wheels, 2 1/2 tons m35 series have 6 lug wheels, ect. same cab different hood, grille, fenders, and bumpers ect. Very nice to have such offerings coming!

They would be smart to release the duece and half before the 5 ton and stryker. the 5 ton is almost usless to anyones collection as the army got the LMTV in the late 90's so modern collectors wouldnt be so hot for one. The 5 ton might fit into vietnam but im not sure. the stryker looks cool but again there are not as many modern collectors as world war II. i think the duece would sell very well as it would compliment the new sherman and lets face it there are way more german vehicles in the hobby but in reall life the allies had way more mechinization. i would probaly be down for a duece but il be down range by the time it comes out.

At first glance, the CCKW looks awesome. Since there was only a couple of big WW2 cargo trucks made so far, the market is ripe.

Something about the curve on the front fenders though..... seems like they should be more rounded. The M series dueces were more of the rounded L shape, the CCKW's had fenders with a flowing curve, if I'm not mistaking..

I do like the M35, but it is crying for an accompaning Mutt and the M35 was used in Vietnam and most of the guntrucks were M35's so us gun nuts can go crazy with guns.

The Styrker is awesome but desert war theme and the recon vehicle has been done.

TTT

Why not an M3 Halftrack? They already did a great M3 scout car? I heard that Taowan may be planning this? Does anybody have intel on that?

Thanks,

I haven't heard anything about a Taowan M3 Halftrack but I'd love to see one by Taowan. There are only a few available now and the metal one is a kit, which is a chore, I understand.

TTT

The Randy Killen metal halftrack kit is nice but does take awhile to build.

There was talk a couple of years ago about a metal halftrack coming from China. There were a few photos which looked good, but nothing seems to have come of it.

Leonard
RTT

for modern collectors that want to do iraq or afghanistan, that stryker combined with the bradely you already could do some cool modern stuff. But if they made an humvee m1151 you could use it for both theaters and for other countries as well. i bet a 1151 would sell very well.

I would LOVE to have that Stryker, I do a Terminator futurist era also. I would love to that have for that.

i wouldnt hold my breath, they still havent put anything out on the 88, which hopefully means they went back and redesigned the barrel on it (fingers crossed). they trucks are probaly only on the drawing board.

Back