• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Tony Barton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef12

Battalion Commander
Well I think most know him.

Seems to have taken sick end of May.

Don't know if I should post but just thought I would.

Getting better we hope , I have a bunch of his resin heads.

Jeff

Gentlemen , thanks for your concern.
I am very slowly recovering from a major operation to remove a blockage from my small bowel. It's going to be several more weeks before I'm well again, and it's a painful road so far.
But I am slowly making progress. The onset was very sudden , quite unexpected, but without the op I should now probably be dead.
So I have to put up with the collateral damage.

All the best Tony hope you mend ok.... take care and get well over 1/6th stuff it can wait.... Harold

I went through the same procedure a few years ago. It, too, came up rather quickly and I was told to go "under the knife" ASAP, or I might become "late", so I did so, and it turned out OK. It was a painful recovery though. Best wishes, Tony!

Hang in there Tony!
Take your time and recover if we can be of assistance please let us know!

Cya
Hankster

Update today is that I managed to walk to the village shop, and the doctor's surgery , unassisted. I can't get out of first gear and need the stick, but I can walk now. I need to keep moving to get muscles back into shape. The best news from the biopsy is that the polyp was NOT the malignant kind, so with any luck there will be no further treatment needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back