• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

trail buddy

fusilier1944

Company Commander
This is a figure I've been working on for a little while. Still some things left to do. The climbing helmet is made from a 21st TUS ww2 German helmet cut down and rebuilt with sheet stock. I made it to look like what I thought would be cool. When I went to cut the vent holes I decided to look around online and found that what I'd made resembles the Petzl Elios so I made the vent holes similarly. He has a sleeping bag and the MS&R overpants inside the pack. Right now he has on some ww2 German snowshoes that I made.

Parts breakdown
Figure: DID Mike Taylor
Jacket, overpants, mountaineering axe: TUS MS&R
Pants, boots, t-shirt, sunglasses: PowerTeam
Gloves: GI Joe (I think?)
Socks, trekking pole, sleeping bag: unknown

Custom parts: backpack, bedroll, orange cap, knee patches on pants, helmet.

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Here are a few in progress shots of the helmet:
IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

I plan to made him some modern snowshoes, gaiters, gloves, a new jacket and overpants once I find a material I like, and a pair of trekking poles. Maybe I'll do a tent or bivy sack once I get everything else together. It's a bit cold but he'll be joining me on the next hike I get a chance to take. He'll need a bit more blaze orange first though. Wouldn't want him getting shot in a hunting accident...

Thanks for the compliments! A small update, I've worked out the trekking poles. They need wrist straps and paint but I'm going to keep that simple. The bottom sections are actual carbon fiber rod so they're almost like certain of the real thing. They do telescope and collapse.
IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Not sure when I'll have time to work more so updates may come slowly or quickly, who knows...

Back