• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Very Sad Day

panzerallan

Marksman
I just wanted to let everyone know my best friend Mike Walker passed away last night in a bad car wreck.
He was truly a great friend, the hobby is what brought us together and not not many weeks went by that we didn't see each other. I know if you saw me at a show in the past ten years you probly saw Mike to.

I will miss him

Thanks
Cory

Im really sorry to hear this Cory. He was a great guy to be around. I know you will miss him. It will not be the same without Mike around. I know you were good friends.

Scraper00

I'm really sorry to hear about Mike's passing.

He was a great guy! I loved talking to him at the shows and open houses.

The hobby lost a good one.

He will be missed!

Fred

This is really a shock that is hard to get one's head around. Mike was such a skilled craftsman and a huge addition to the hobby. I know it has created a great hole in your life Cory. My prayers for his family and you.

Scott

I am very saddened to hear of Mike's passing, a complete shock. Mike was a great builder and customizer with a deep passion for the hobby and anything having to do with the Marine Corps. He was a lot of fun to be around. I am glad to say that he was a friend and he will be missed.

-JOSH

I don't believe this....man what a tragedy. I don't know what to say ! So sorry. Mike was a great guy! I will miss him.

Am still trying to get over the shock after getting the news yesterday...........Cory ....don't really know what to say. Knew how close you two were.

You , Judy and Mikes family are in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about that Cory. Both you and Mike's family are in our thoughts.
Hang in there and keep the faith!

I guess it's done the funeral was today. When you hear Taps played you really know he is gone!I want to thank everyone for the support,the calls and notes were very encouraging to me and his family.
Life is short and you always think your copilot will be there forever,but one day there gone

Tell somebody you love them.

Cory

So sorry Cory. You guys were like Batman and Robin ... or more like Batman and Batman, of our little 1:6 world.

If you hold his memory in your heart he will never be gone. In those quiet times if you listen carefully you will hear him

Back