• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Wiking Div in Russia

mustangman

Marksman
Here is my latest figure, I wanted to depict the Wiking Div in fall camo with his assult pack. For specifics on the figure that is a KWMIM cap with non standard symbol. The camo jacket is BGT but I replaced all the outside buttons with the pebble texture buttons as that is how all the jackets that I have seen were issued with, not the compressed paste buttons, those were used on the white side only. I redid all the leather straps and buckles with real leather. The boots are newline miniatures and I added the boot knife. I ground off the plastic handle and replaced with real wood, as I can't paint a wood looking texture if my life depended on it!!! Now for the helmet, I have been working awhile now to try and re create the clips used to hold the helmet covers on, at first I was trying to make them functional but anything that worked was always too large. So I decided to make them look realistic and continue to hold the helmet cover on with the clips that come with the BGT covers and glue the clips on top of these. Turned out pretty well and I am happy with the results. I also inserted plastic rod to simulate the springs used under the cover and then used sandpaper to make the cover look worn around this spring. And finally this is the first dio I used the static grass applicator that I mage. I wanted to keep it simple the first time to make sure it worked. I am including the link for the directions that I used, the 120V version works awesome!! Be careful if you attempt and follow the insructions 120V can kill or cause series injury. Respect the electrons!!! http://issuu.com/mr-hobbyist/docs/mrh-2010-mar-apr-ol/93?viewMode=presentation&mode=embed

Oh and notice the acrons on the dio??

Wiking 024 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 023 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 021 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 020 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 019 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 018 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 017 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 016 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 008 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 001 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 013 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Wiking 003 by pwilli8140, on Flickr

Last edited:
I got lucky, I was playing fetch with my German Shepherd and found a branch that had fallen down with these little acrons on it!! They are really close to 1/6 but there were only 3 on the branch.

Thanks

Pete

Back