• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Zhukov's Attic

Zhukov's Attic, even although a bit pricy, has become my pretty much go-to place for hard-to-find items.

Recently, however, packages have been become missing or not delivered to customers from Zhukov's Attic. In a response to their FB Page on the 18th of Jan, they pretty much stated that weather has caused delays across the country and the USPS is experiencing difficulties with low staffing and federal holidays. While some of that is true, they failed to mention the real truth. And that is the USPS Missouri City Sorting Facility in Housten. The same sorting facility where ZA's packages go to.

Perhaps instead of blaming the weather, ZA should inform their customers that the Missouri City Sorting facilities that has been plagued with issues for well over a month. My package is still stuck there since the 13th of January. Missing mail request goes unanswered. And now even a US House of Representative is now getting involved. As per the article, quote
'Green said he was told extra employees were being brought in to help with delays. But he said that's not enough and that the large sorting machines are needed before things return to normal.
The congressman believes that could take months.
"Midsummer, a little later. I would be surprised if they have it cleaned up before April," he said. "I think that is generous."'

I would've ordered more from ZA had this not been the case. But their only shipping option is through USPS. All they're doing is setting themselves up for a loss of revenue, not to mention claims filed against them through eBay and PayPal for goods not received, which most likely will go against ZA thus losing products and funds. Perhaps they should offer other shipping options through other carries until the USPS get their act cleaned up at the Houston Sorting Facilities.

Just a community announcement for anyone still waiting for packages from ZA that has been lost in the USPS system for well over two weeks or more.

Thanks for the info. Bad news indeed. I was just getting a pretty good-sized order ready for them. Although I haven't yet experienced any of the above issues in the past. I am assuming this is something that has just recently started in January?
Bob

That is interesting as I to have a package or two from ZA (agree that they do sell some hard-to-find items) however a close third behind Wartoys and Monkey Depot in terms of gaining my odds/sods of figure assembly and though I may be from another country even the stalwart motto of the U.S. Postal Service is known down these here parts - something about 'Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom....etc etc' (not counting the 'Newman' factor). Hopefully though the delays, regrettable as they be, are temporary. Thanks for sharing, Steve

Is it possible ZA did not know about the problems at the center , your post is very accusatory that he was withholding some vital information , I could be wrong but perhaps he did not read about the problems at the facility not all of us read the news everyday or at all for that matter , anyway he has addressed the issue on his facebook page hopefully he will update his website.
Im not trying to start anything , its just he has been in Business a long time and Maybe I am wrong but I would think if he knew he would have told his customers , but maybe I am wrong .

Perhaps instead of blaming the weather, ZA should inform their customers that the Missouri City Sorting facilities that has been plagued with issues for well over a month.

Is it possible ZA did not know about the problems at the center , your post is very accusatory that he was withholding some vital information , I could be wrong but perhaps he did not read about the problems at the facility not all of us read the news everyday or at all for that matter ,
It wasn't accusatory at all, but of course reading words on a forum without having a human voice behind it is pretty much problematic with forums in general and social media as a whole. One person reads it one way, another reads it another way, and then another takes it off into left field. Next thing that happens is someone comes in on a white steed. That is why I've sworn off social media as a whole and limited posting on forums in general because of it.

I can't speak for what Jonathan has or hasn't done besides what he has informed me of. He reached out in a phone call yesterday, and I attempted to call him back today but only got an answering machine so had to resort to email. He never replied back and just sent a refund even although I never requested one and have adapted a 'wait-and-see' approach with USPS, but he's been doing it with everyone if they request one and just ask to send payment if and when the package shows up. As for the sorting facility, I don't live in Houston, but I do my due diligence on researching the matter before commenting. And everything I've read, watched, and viewed from various media outlets, I've come to the conclusion that the USPS isn't being forth coming with all the information and has kept the public in the dark on the problematic issues at the sort facilities. Instead of admitting it, they (USPS) pretty much send out a blanket statement and keeps pointing to it whenever anyone in general ask about the issues that has plagued it since the beginning of December of last year.

This, in turn, now causes issues with small businesses in and around the Houston area that relies on the USPS. Jonathan's business has been negatively affected by this as others have. And the USPS is not taking ownership of it.

thanks for that , but as a person not involved as I said your post came across accusatory , no white steed , just I have been in his shoes and know how difficult it is to please everyone all the time even when it is not your fault at all .

thanks for that , but as a person not involved as I said your post came across accusatory , no white steed , just I have been in his shoes and know how difficult it is to please everyone all the time even when it is not your fault at all .
Well, that's your opinion and we agree to disagree here.

Funnily enough, as an update on a reply I made last night, both my ZA packages arrived today (from an order placed on 5 Jan), the motto of the U.S. Postal Service stands true in my book. Hope this belays some anxiety to others awaiting theres. Steve.

Back